Some Practices To Follow While Developing Your Enterprise Mobile Application
Posted: Jun 13, 2014
The increasing dependency on smart phones is transforming our lifestyles in a completely new direction. With these mobile apps becoming an integral part of our day-to-day lives, more businesses are investing their resources into development of more convenient and adaptable applications.
It is an inevitable fact that these easy-to-use mobile apps simplify our tasks largely. However, it is also true that developing software for today’s distributed applications is not a piece of cake. It requires the developers to work with a number of technologies, computing environments, and highly distributed environments.
For the companies looking forward to developing mobile applications for improving the productivity of their own employees and for keeping the customers more informed, there are some very commonly observed developer mistakes. In such scenarios, there are specific issues like security and real-time monitoring that one needs to address.
Let us get to know certain Do's and Don’ts for avoiding such issues.
- Consider the user experience. Mobile devices are much different from desktops/laptops. Never try to import applications for desktops over a mobile. Simply just copying interfaces can make the app difficult to manage over a phone.
- Consolidate the form factor. Most phones today have 3G, camera, Bluetooth, GPS, and Wi-Fi. One must make the maximum use of these sensors.
- Network services into your business. While integrating services into your business app, keep in mind your mobile’s wide range of sensors.
- Look it real-time. We believe our mobile devices to be always on, and in a connected state. Therefore, a good app should be such that it can help our business become operationally active. By including real-time updates into an app, you can make users respond to a variety of changing conditions.
- Empowering Users: When developing your mobile apps, ensure that it truly deliver something for empowerment of users. A realistic app can make the users more productive, and simplify their jobs.
- Avoid creating apps just for the sake of it. Instead, put some quality time of yours to identify the business needs that the app can solve. Consider the things your app can do, to deliver best results.
- Do not develop your app like a desktop one. Mobile app development is for advancing platforms and methodologies.
- Do not take security and governance for granted. Usually, we consider mobile apps as light versions, so one does not pay much heeds to scrutinize them as much as desktop apps. However, the high probability of mobiles getting lost or stolen makes mobile app security - a critical issue.
- Rather than imitating consumer apps, it is better we only learn from them.
- Do not try to make everything suiting mobile. Devote some time into knowing what business services can benefit from your mobile app. This will save your precious time from getting waste into developing less useful, or useless apps.
Digital Marketing, Adwords, Search Console