SEO Tips to Optimize Website for Voice Search
Posted: May 03, 2019
The way people search for information is changing. Voice search is one such method that has gained popularity in recent times. The use of smartphones, tablets or voice assistants is one of the major reasons why voice query is trending. It is loved by users because it is more convenient to speak with an assistant than to type. Plus, the results of spoken queries are also faster.
Here are a few statistics that prove the importance of voice searches:
- As per Voice labs a total of 33 million voice-first devices are in circulation
- Voice search stood at the third spot in a survey of SEO trends for 2017 and beyond.
- Google CEO SundarPichai announced that one-fifth of the queries on Google are voice searches.
So, it is very obvious that SEO professionals need to start thinking differently and need to optimize their site for tone search.
Here are a few things you need to know -
- Voice searches are typically mobile and often locally focused
- They’re more conversational
- Voice search queries are usually longer as compared to typical text keyword search queries
Tips to Optimise Your Website for Voice Search Intent:
Claim your Google My Business Listing
Claiming and optimizing your Google My Business is the best way to let Google find your business and related information like address, phone number (NAP), working hours and more.
As mentioned above, due to the local nature of voice searches claiming your Google My Business listing and updating it can amplify your chances of showing up in the SERPS as well as increasing the likelihood to appear in the coveted Google Local 3-Pack.
Aim for the Featured Snippet
SEO professional has always endeavoured to grab the most desirable spot – "Google’s featured snippet" or "Google Answer Box" or "Position Zero" for many reasons. Getting this top result for voice search is now one of them.
A featured snippet is meant to be a quick answer to a question which is typically going to get more likes and it is what people always look for when they are using voice search.
Some of the tips to that will help you get there are -
- Addressing your audience’s intent
- Doing a thorough keyword research
- Genuine, high-quality content creation
- Learn and implement SEO best practices
- Design the blog by focusing on easy-to-follow formatting
Understand Schema Markup
If you are not acquainted with what schema markup is, I highly recommend starting your research. Schema markup is one of the most imperative ranking factors for voice search. Further, it is a great strategy that will help you in overall SEO optimisation as well.
To make things more lucid, schema markup helps search engines to understand the content on a page precisely. Including the schema markup helps to make apparent what a page is all about and facilitates efficient scanning of pages by the bots.
Mobile Optimization should be your Priority
After the biggest Mobilegeddon update or the Google Mobile-Friendly Update, it is imperative that your website is mobile-friendly. Voice searches are commonly done via a mobile device so, it’s It is always recommended that your website has a responsive design and ensures superior loading speed.
Want to test if your website complies with Google’s guidelines? You can use Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test Tool. You can also use PageSpeed Insights to gather details on your load speed.
Your Content, Your Hero
Content is the heart of SEO. But, it’s not just any content that will work. You need to frame your blog that matches with your customer’s intent. Here are a few basics for writing a post that you must pay attention to when it comes to voice search:
- Content must be easy to read and understand. Avoid ambiguity.
- Aim for in-depth content - may be around 2,000 words. This is because Google typically pulls answers from such pieces of information for voice search.
- See that your post addresses your audience’s questions.
- Speak using conversational phrases.
- Share your content on social media regularly.
Build & Follow SEO Strategies
Follow those basics of SEO and the best practices in optimising your site. However, if you are not an SEO expert you can hire any Affordable SEO services. Google will reward you for this. Along with the new trends and emerging technologies you must keep practising the existing elements. Some of which include -
- Optimise your on-page elements with proper URL, page title, header tags, alt text, meta description.
- Build high DA, do follow links
- Ensure your site is secure
- Page speed is the key
Voice search optimization makes your content closer to human language. With the development in AI, voice searches shall be more intelligent, more responsive, more precise &more prominent. So, pull up your socks start to optimise your site for voice searches.
If you are looking for affordable Digital Marketing Service, Call us today! At Testq Technologies.