Why You Should Stay Local For Your Blinds
Posted: Jun 17, 2019
Everyone nowadays is looking for a bargain and if you are thinking about buying blinds you might consider to order and buy them online rather than use a local blinds company. Online, blind sellers will ask for measurements and it will be up to you to measure the window correctly so that you can order the right blinds. This might work well with some types of blinds, but if you wanted to buy perfect fit blinds or blackout blinds, measuring your window incorrectly can lead to an ill-fitting blind which looks awful or at worse let light in.
Another problem is the quality of the fabric and the shade. Cheap blinds usually means cheaper fabric or cheaper parts like cords.. And with regard to colour or pattern, it is true that you can send for samples. But, you only get a few samples at a time. So right away you are being restricted in the material and colour choice.
When you choose a local blind company you are facilitating a number of things:
- You will get blinds made to measure and fitted exactly to your requirements. They will fit perfectly to your window and look wonderful.
- You are buying quality over cheaper products. The blinds themselves will be quality and so will the parts.
- You are keeping the local economy functioning and keeping local skilled workers in employment.
- The blinds are usually manufactured in the UK rather than abroad so you are helping the environment.
- You can ask any number of questions and be given advice from knowledgeable people rather than a call centre miles away who can't actually see your windows.
- You will also get a blind fitting service so you can relax and let a professional take care of all the drilling and measuring of holes. Anything that goes wrong is their problem.
- Your blind company being local to you is there to help with any faults or problems which may arise. This can make life a lot easier than having to deal with a remote business who may not accept blame or are slow to help.
Not all blind companies are the same and it is a good idea to check out reviews etc. A local company should be proud of its service and this should be reflected in the local reviews it receives. Another way to check is to see how helpful they are at fitting in with your lifestyle in order to come and see you with samples and to take measurements. If they are only available during the day this doesn't always suit busy working families. If they provide a good service then they can rely on word of mouth or other orders down the line. A local company has a lot to lose by providing a bad service. Choose your local blind company wisely and you will see the difference between buying online and buying locally. You’ll never go back to the web!
Philip O'Brien is a partner in Forth Blinds which is a local blinds company in East Lothian. All the blinds for saleare measured and fitted by the team.