Buying Badminton Shoes: Honest Answers to your Questions
Posted: Sep 01, 2019
A good tool makes you better and adds to your skills. If you are going to play badminton on a regular basis, you need the right kind of badminton attire and equipment. It keeps you away from injuries, lets you focus on the game and allows you to enjoy the learning process.
In a world where internet access is easily available to everyone, it pays to research and research well before making any buying decision. If you have started playing badminton, you may have many questions regarding buying badminton shoes. Let’s get honest answers to the most common questions that may arise in your mind while buying a new pair of badminton shoes.
Is it necessary to buy Badminton Shoes to play the game?
To answer the question, you must first decide where you are going to play badminton. If you are going to use a wooden court or a synthetic court, you most definitely need to buy badminton shoes. They come with specialized gum rubber soles that do not leave scuff marks on the wooden court. This ensures that your experience is not ruined by damaged premises. Not only for aesthetic reasons, but gum rubber soles also provide better traction on the court and allow you to move more easily. They offer immense comfort and protect you from injuries on the court.
If you are going to play on cement occasionally, any pair of shoes with rubber soles will be sufficient.
What is the Difference between Running Shoes and Badminton Shoes?
Other than the gum rubber soles that are a staple for badminton shoes, the overall design and construction of badminton shoes also varies from the usual running shoes or casual shoes. Here’s how both the shoes differ from each other:
- Badminton is a fast-paced game that requires you to move frequently. The thick rubber soles of your running shoes won’t allow you to change places quickly. With proper badminton shoes that have thinner soles, you will feel closer to the ground. It will offer more stability, acceleration and flexibility.
- Soles on running shoes have grips designed as horizontal lines that make movement in forward direction easy. While playing badminton, you need to make more lateral movements and so, you require a specialized triangular sole pattern (also commonly called honeycomb sole design) that allows for swift movement.
- Badminton shoes are designed in such a way that they offer a comfortable and tight fit. They offer anti-torque protection and make footwork easy for you and thus prevent you from injuries such as mallet finger and ankle sprain.
Can I use Indoor Shoes to play for Badminton?
You may argue that badminton is an indoor sport so why can’t you use indoor shoes for playing the game? Now, indoor shoes are also used for table tennis and volleyball. But as discussed earlier, different sports require you to move in a different way. For example, table tennis has more lateral movement and minimal vertical movement. Table tennis shoes are designed in a way that enables lateral movement only. On the other hand, volleyball shoes have a high ankle design to protect from injuries caused by constant jumping. You do not require such shoes on the badminton court.
Are all Badminton Shoes expensive?
No. There are all types of badminton shoes available online. Here are a few solid pairs of badminton shoes that will keep you away from injury and still be light on your wallet:
- Victor SH-A170 Victor SH-A170 blue badminton shoes are high in quality and affordable for beginners and recreational players. Available under just $50, you can find several other color options online.
- Yonex Power Cushion 30 Yonex Power Cushion 30 badminton shoes are available for just $59.99 online. The shoes include a solid cushioning technique that absorbs shock and makes movement smooth for you.
- Victor SH-A620 Another option is the Victor SH-A620 badminton shoes for female badminton players. The shoes are light-weight and very flexible for quick movement.
- Yonex Power Cushion 47 The stylish Yonex Power Cushion 47 yellow shoes are another pair of shoes that offer incredible traction and robust support to feet and joints. The yellow color will brighten up your look as well.
- Victor SH-P9300 Victor SH-P9300 red/yellow shoes are a successful offering from the world leader. You can buy men’s badminton shoes in different sizes and colors online. Price: $90.
- Yonex Aerus 2 Another mid-range option is the Yonex Aerus 2 red badminton shoes. Yonex claims it to be the lightest badminton shoes ever! The shoes allow quick movement and offer superior ventilation among other useful features.
- Yonex Aerus 3 LX Ladies! If you want to spend more on quality badminton shoes, you cannot go wrong with Yonex Aerus 3 LX blue badminton shoes. At 270 grams, they are light in weight and very durable.
- Yonex Power Cushion Eclipsion Z The all-new blue Yonex Power Cushion Eclipsion Z badminton shoes are wide for better comfort and stability. They are the highest-stability shoes from Yonex. Sold at $139, the shoes are worth every penny.
Now that you have honest answers to all your questions, you are ready to pick the best badminton shoes.
All the best! Shop well!
Nydhi.com has a wide collection of best badminton shoes. Whether you want to buy Victor badminton shoes or Yonex badminton shoes, you will find them and several other options online. Get ready to shop on the web and save money!
Turning passion into profession! Growing up, sports have always been a big part of my life. And, I feel grateful to be working with a world-class badminton equipment authorized distributor that is making sure that people are getting off the couch and