Which One Is Better, Open Cooking Or Pressure Cooking?
Posted: Sep 15, 2019
If you are new to the kitchen and when it comes to buying kitchen appliances from the store, then you need to understand which one is better – open cooking or pressure cooking and why? It is important to differentiate between both the cooking styles. As we know that cooking is an art and to make this art perfect, the right utensils are the most crucial part. Let’s have a look at which one is better:
Known as a king of appliances in India, the pressure cooker is the fastest cooking method compared to open cooking or traditional cooking. Here are a few benefits of using the best pressure cooker in your day-to-day life:
- Cooking is made easier and hassle-free
- Make your life easier and save gas up to 70% compared to open cooking
- Made up of aluminium and stainless steel material
- Technologically advanced than the traditional cooking kitchenware such as pots, pans
- Food is cooked faster, saves time and requires less water
users, it is extremely difficult to decide whether to buy a steel pressure cooker or aluminium pressure cooker. Each one has advantages and disadvantages, but the preferences are different to a different set of customers. To give you a clearer comparison, here is the detailed comparison to find out the best pressure cooker offers in India.
Unlike pressure cooker, open cooking requires pots and pans. They can be either shallow or deep. More the shallow pan, more the heat or energy is consumed. Cooking in shallow cooker ware, the food is exposed and the moisture is lost easily. On contrary with deep pans or pots, it takes time to cook food as the water does get not surface to evaporate. Well, in open cooking in deeper utensils, it retains the moisture and flavour of the food. Cooking non-veg can be an expensive way to cook in this method. Nowadays, many pans and pots do have lids that make cooking better.
Now that we have seen the differences between both cooking methods, let’s have a look into the benefits of cooking in the pressure cooker:
- These are great for cooking food and can retain the vitamins and minerals that can be lost in an open cooking method
- This is the safest method compared to any other cooking method. So when you cook food in a pressure cooker, the combination of steam and heat cooks food faster by raising the boiling point
- Pressure cookers are friendly as it avoids water loss by maintaining higher temperatures
With the best pressure cooker brands available in the market, as a customer you can avail multi-functional features; you can prepare the variety of food dishes in vegetables, meat, rice etc. which can be difficult in the open cooking method. Indeed, it is easy to cook food in a pressure cooker than that of a traditional one.
My name Darsh Kumar. From Pune Maharashtra. I am an Indian Preofessionl Business and graphic designer since 2000 that live and work in Pune.