How to score in english in kvs exam?
Posted: Dec 26, 2019
English can be challenging factor for most students in banking exams especially those belonging to rural areas. Rural areas speak and learn their mother tongue well and generally ignore English for it being a foreign language. It plays a significant role in employment therefore such candidates find it difficult to face the competition. Candidates belonging to Hindi speaking regions like UP,
Bihar and Jharkhand usually find such problem and it seems difficult for them to qualify English Section. With the sectional cut-off, it is very important to acquire the language proficiency to reach the goal. They are good in Mathematics and Reasoning, the only barrier is English.
Let us discuss some useful tips for those who are weak in English language yet they want to appear in KVS EXAM 2020
The cut-off varies from state to state yet there is general cut-off which is taken into consideration by taking the average of all the states to have an idea of the future cut-off which may or may not be more than that.
Last year, the cut-off was between 65 to 70 and this year we are expecting it to be 75 but if you are weak in English then you will score high in QA and RA section. It means that you are capable of scoring at least 60 marks in the two sections and then you need another 15 to 20 marks to reach the cut-off level.
Nothing is impossible in this world therefore it is not difficult to score 15-20 marks in English with the following tips:
1. Revise and learn Basic English Grammar from a renowned author’s resource book based on the latest exam pattern and especially for kvs recruitment 2020 notification
- Practice topic tests after learning the topic well from the book or from the teacher. It will make you thorough in it and you will be able to attempt it accurately.
- Practice Error correction exercises on every topic of parts of speech as it is a must ask question with 5 to 10 sentences to be corrected.
- Join online test series of a reputed educational brand and practice speed tests, practice tests and full length mock tests daily.
- Develop the habit of reading English newspaper and shortlist the difficult words. Note down in a separate notebook and find the synonyms and antonyms to understand the meaning and usage.
- Attend video lectures from any of the educational video you tube channel. These lectures can be attended anytime. These are useful for those who are weak in English as they can listen to the lecture in their free hours and understand it better.
- While reading articles in newspaper, do give a special focus on phrases used in the write up. It helps you to understand the language effectively. Note down those phrases and try to use them frequently in writing sentences to understand the meaning.
- Learn prepositions and conjunctions very well as they are the lifeline of the language to understand the write up.
- Enhance your vocabulary by using WORD POWER MADE EASY by Norman Lewis. It is the best source to improve your language and vocabulary as it teaches with root words.
- After completing the entire syllabus of English section, you should take up full length mock test and try to solve it in the given time. Section timings are also introduced which one can only accomplish by practicing time management.
In the end, we can say that English section is not a difficult section if you prepared it well. You are supposed to work hard in polishing your grammatical, reading and vocabulary skills to perfection. The frequently asked question will measure your skills and aptitude but by no means are impossible to answer. Do prepare an organized strategy and try to cover all the important topics. It will raise your confidence level and will help you in qualifying IN THIS EXAM as kvs vacancy 2019 is really important post for all the aspirants like Teachers.
MR.Veer Senior Content Writer At Teaching vacancies