Process of Russian subtitling services
Posted: Oct 10, 2019
Subtitling is a kind of business service that involves adaptation of the dialogue from the existing source language to the target language. The appropriate subtitles are created to convey the exact meaning of the dialogue to the viewers. Subtitles generally appear on the bottom of the screen when the words are spoken by the characters. It has some limitations like there should be only two lines of text on screen at most and the display time should be 1.5 seconds for very short dialogues.
In addition, the duration of the subtitles and the change of camera shot must also be considered. As, when a change of shot is produced, the viewers tend to lower their view and re-read the subtitles.
Therefore, the process of subtitling is not an easy work, it consists of the following phases:
- Spotting: Identifying the entry and exit times of the subtitles synchronized with the audio, thus calculating the minimum and maximum duration time.
- Translation: According to the duration of the subtitle, translation from the original takes place.
- Simulation: After the subtitles are translated with the image and characters, an audio check is made, meeting all the criteria and that they can be read in a natural way.
- Correction: Finally readjustment and correction of minor errors is done.
In the process of subtitling, there follows some basic principle criteria and that includes:
- The cutting of the subtitles, where the two lines that appears on the screen should not interrupt any phase.
- A shorten hyphen should be used, if the conversation indicates that two people are speaking.
- Italics are followed, for some instances like when voices are off, and for songs.
- Quotation marks are used for titles, signs or other written content in the image and where possible capital letters are avoided.
Thus, the ideal result is synchronized with the audiovisual document, making in such a way that it sounds natural and fluent. This type of precise subtitles can be provided only by online subtitling services with their professionals. For example: If you are watching a Russian series, and you are in the need of subtitles to understand the language. There are many free online automatic subtitle tools available, where you can easily download the subtitles from the internet and is also not difficult to use. But the problem with the automatic subtitles are there is no guarantee for accuracy, display time duration may mismatch with the video content, texts won’t be synchronized with the characters and sometimes there can be an error in the translated language.
So, if you are searching for a perfect subtitle provider for your favourite Russian series without any interruptions and above flaws that mentioned, choose Vanan Captioning. Here we offer quality online Russian subtitling services at cost-effective prices. Our subtitling experts are not confined to provide Russian to English subtitling services or English to Russian subtitling services alone. For, our professionals can provide Multilingual support to the people in a quick turnaround time without losing accuracy.
To know more about our Russian subtitling services and to place an order,
click Russian Subtitling Services
Executive @ vanancaptioning Being an active novelist and a translator, David C Mullett is one of the few experts to have written books about controversial subjects such as politics, religion, stereotypes, etc.