Canon Mg3520 Wireless Setup Guide [Quick And Easy]
Posted: Jan 25, 2020
Canon MG3520 is an all in one inkjet printer that provides exceptional printing experience for your home/office requirements. Besides, you can smoothly run a scan using this printer from anywhere because of the built-in Wi-Fi connection.
So, if you want to use the features that come along with it such as automatic duplex printing and Mobile Device Printing, then you first need to set it up appropriately. You just simply need to install the Canon print app in the Wi-Fi enabled devices, such as a smartphone.
If you have just recently bought the printer and don’t know how to set up a connection, follow this guide. Through this article, you will get to learn easy methods and procedures.
In this article, we are mentioning two simple methods to setup the printer. You will be able to establish a connection on your Windows device after just performing the below-mentioned steps.Method 1: WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) connection Method
First, you need to know the initial steps on how to connect the Canon Pixma MG3520 wireless printer. Check the WPS connection through these simple steps, such as:
- You first need to check if the WPS Push button has a proper access point. You can check the guidelines from the device’s user manual. The network must have the WPA security protocol in it.
- You have to first check if the printer is turned On. Now, you have to tap on the WiFi button from the top of the printer until the alarm lamp flashes.
- You need to go to the access point and hold the WPS button for about 2 minutes. When you notice that the blue lamp is continuously flashing, then it is an indication that you have successfully connected to the access point.
When the WiFi lamp stops flashing, that means the Wi-Fi has successfully connected with the printer.How to check if the network is successfully connected?
To check if the printer is successfully connected to the wireless network, you need to print a page. And for that, you have to do the following steps:
- First, you have to check if the printer is turned on.
- Now, in the main tray of the printer, you have to put A4 sized paper.
- Next, you have to press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the alarm time flashes 15 times.
- Then, release the button and you will see the network information page is completely printed.
- At the time of printing, you have to check if the connection is showing "Active" and the SSID showing up the correct name of the Wireless network.
This helps you to check whether you have connected the printer appropriately. Now, let’s move to the installation process of the software to get the best experience from the printer.Method 2: Standard Connection method
To connect the Pixma printer with the WiFi network, you can also implement the standard connection method. And for that, you have to perform the steps that are mentioned below.
- You have to insert the CD that came along with this wireless printer and run the setup on the device.
- If you don’t have a CD, you can download the manuals and software to continue the process.
- When the initial screen will appear on the screen, you have to tap on the "next" option.
Note: If you are given two choices between the wireless connection and the USB, you have to choose the Wireless connection. Now, check if the printer is turned On and also look out for the Power button.
- You need to click on the "Connect to the network" option.
- You will see a setup window, tap on the "Cableless Setup" option.
- When the Connection via cableless setup screen will appear, you have to tap on the WiFi button until the orange alarm lamp starts to flash. (It will flash twice.)
- After that, you have to release the button. You will note that the blue WiFi lamp will flash. Right after that, the green flashlight will flash and you have to click on "Next."
Note: The network connection that you use will be disabled. Wait for a while and the connection will come back, as soon as you click on "Next" to complete the process.
- Now, you have to choose the region next and click on "Next". You have to choose the software that you want to install.
- Hit the "Next" button next. You have to hit the "Yes" button to agree on the license agreement Canon products.
You have to go through the following steps to finish the license agreement:
- On the next screen of the license agreement, click on the "Next" option.
- On the next screen, you have to put down the model number of the printer (e.g Canon MG3520) and the name of the wireless network.
- Now, tap on "Complete" to finish the setup process.
These are the two methods on how to setup the Canon MG3520 wireless printer. If you face any issue at the time of setting up the printer, you can share that with us in the comment section.
Hey, I am Rachel Bilson works as a Printer Expert in Canon Printer. We provide Printer technical support. If you have any issues with your printer then contact us at + 1-888-633-7151. Our expert team is available and online 24 * 7.