Brand Name Registration in India, Fast & Easy Services!
Posted: Mar 20, 2020
The brand mark can only be secured if the company had done registration under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). This process and guidelines for the registration are available in the Trademark Act, 1999.
The company owner put lot of efforts and time in creation of a unique and easily recognizable trademark. Thus they would be disappointed if their trademark is misused or used illegally by any other company for their product or services. Hence, for safe guarding of trademark, it is essential for the company owners to apply for brand registration under the MCA. The registration provides the company a legal authority on the trademark for the period of 10 years. Given below are the benefits of the brand registration by a company:
- The company can use the trademark symbol TM after the application form is submitted on the online portal of the company.
- It creates a sense of trust and goodwill among the customers, in comparison to other products.
- It showcases high quality of the product or services of the company.
- It created credibility for the brand of the company, which would result in higher footfall of the customers.
- Since a registered trademark is a legal enforcement, hence the products or service mark cannot be misused or illegally handled. The company has the right to sue on suspicion of misuse or infringement.
- The registered trademark is an intellectual property of a company; hence it can be it can be traded, contracted, franchised or sold by the company owners.
There is no specific eligibility criteria for a doing the company registration. Any individual or company in India has the eligibility to apply for the brand registration for the product or services. To get the brand name easily approved, the company should use unique name or a trademark with a prior usage, as it improves the chances of getting trademark registered.
Process of trademark registration
Given below is the step by step process of online brand registration, which has to be followed diligently for easy application process.
- Creation of a unique and attractive logo trademark with immense brainstorming. It should have an easy recognition value.
- The applicant must search online about the pre-existence of any similar or same trademark they are applying. It is essential as presence of a similar one can lead to application rejection.
- After this, the applicant has to fill out the trademark application form online on the official web portal of MCA.
- Along with application, attach all the required documents like ID proof, Address proof, etc. along with a copy of the trademark.
- After the form is filled, the final submission is done. Then the MCA officials analyse the form and investigate the authenticity of the brand mark.
- They publish the mark on the online trademark journal for allowing trademark objection. In case of no objection, it is deemed unique.
- Finally the MCA releases the certificate of uniqueness for the brand trademark. This mark can be easily used by the company for a period of 10 years and after that it has to be renewed.
Trademark registration not only makes the business grow at a fast pace, but also makes it easily recognised among the consumers.
Kavita is working as a consultant at a legal services in India. She is also an experienced and passionate writer who has been written many Blog and websites' content about Company registration and Trademark registration in India.