Do not Run Google Ads Before Reading This
Posted: Sep 17, 2020
Almost every company that is out there wants to make the most out of its marketing efforts. And when it comes to marketing, 'Google Ads' have almost become a favourite among businesses. It could be one of your most valuable marketing investments because of the massive chunk of leads that it has the potential to convert into sales.
Managing your Google ads account isn't going to be a piece of cake. A little mismanagement is all you need to lose a lot of money. And that is why it is essential to know what mistakes to avoid while setting up and managing Google ads which could not only save you from losing money but could also boost your business. Here they are, check out-
- One of the most common mistakes that people make while setting up their ads is not paying enough attention to details. The first step is the most crucial step, here- leave no stone unturned to make sure you have set up your ads correctly. With incorrect settings, it almost guaranteed that you would lose money.
Let's take an example here. A lot of people end up selecting broad match keywords for their ads instead of phrase matches. What it does is, it gets you clicks that you don't need. And that is why all kinds of settings, including keyword settings, are important for having success with respect to Google ads.
- It is essential to understand that ads displayed on mobile devices and desktops can yield different results. Although it is a great idea to have your ads show up on mobile devices, you should go for it only after you have optimised your business website for a mobile experience. Hence, if you don't want to lose out all those potential customers that mobile phone users could make for, then you must make your website responsive or mobile-friendly.
- Google ads management is not just difficult but also extremely time-consuming. Being a busy business owner, it is natural for you to look for someone to handle this job for you. Although there are many service providers out there who can manage your Google ads campaigns, don't hire one and entrust them with this job before you have learnt yourself what Google ads are about, how they function and everything else that is important and relevant.
- Tracking the performance of your ads regularly is also extremely important. Unless and until you are into tracking, you will not know how successful your marketing efforts are. Even if you are getting a good ROI, you should consider tracking so that it helps your ads do even better.
- Don't hesitate to experiment with anything new or advanced. For instance, Geo-targeting is quite a rage these days. And it is basically about making separate ads for the cities in your targeting area. This is an incredibly fantastic way to create ads that your target audience will ultimately be able to relate.
Now, that you know what mistakes to avoid while setting up and running Google ads, there is no reason why you will not receive desired success through them!
In summary, if you are convinced about the importance of digital marketing, you can not ignore the analytics.
I have 10+ years of experince in digital marketing (Search engine optimization, Google AdWords)