What is web hosting?Shared vs Managed WordPress Hosting
Posted: Apr 19, 2020
The two most important things needed to build a website are a web hosting account and a domain name. Web hosting is where your website will "live" on the internet. This basically means that web hosting is the space where websites are stored on the Internet so that users can access it on the internet. A hosting account and a domain name users can enter your site URL in the address bar of your browser and view your site.
Difference between shared hosting and managed WordPress hosting
What is shared hosting?
Shared hosting is when you share a single server (space on the Internet) and the resources associated with it with multiple different websites. Therefore, your website is stored in the same location as many other websites, and you must share memory, disk space, data, and CPU (processing) time.
What is a WordPress hosting?
WordPress hosting is like providing services to your website. With WordPress hosting in Pakistan, you get extra services, and a hosting company can basically maintain your website for you. They will be responsible for hosting related issues such as security, backup, updating WordPress, etc. so that you can focus on other areas of your business.
Managed WordPress hosting services also tend to provide quality customer support to resolve your issues as quickly and easily as possible.
Due to these additional services, WordPress hosting is much more expensive than shared hosting.Advantages and disadvantages of shared hosting Advantages of shared hosting
- Affordable – Shared hosting services are the most affordable on the market. When choosing shared hosting, it's easy to reduce costs. Some shared web hosting costs only $1.25/month per month.
- Easy setup-Many shared hosting services provide one-click WordPress installation, so you can easily start building your website.
- cPanel-With shared hosting, you can access cPanel to easily manage your website.
- Email Accounts – Many of the shared hosting services offer free email accounts so you can get professional business emails, for example, email@example.com.
Disadvantages of shared hosting
- Maintenance- Choosing a shared hosting that you are responsible for maintaining your website, such as security, WordPress updates, backups, etc.
- Slow response times and downtimes- Sharing servers and resources with other sites means your site is more likely to experience slower load times and frequent downtime.
- Only for low-traffic sites- Shared web hosting is best suited for sites without high traffic, such as small business websites, personal websites, blogs, etc.
Advantages of WordPress hosting
- High speeds-Managed WordPress hosting services are providing superfast speeds because their system is optimized for WordPress.
- Security and backups- WordPress hosting companies handle security and backups for you, so you don't have to worry about your site being unsafe.
- Automatic Updates-Most of WordPress hosting services will handle core WordPress updates for you, and even automatically update WordPress themes and plugins, which helps keep your website secure and fast.
- Priority Support-With Managed WordPress Hosting, you will get the best customer support, and WordPress experts will quickly resolve your issue.
Disadvantages of managing WordPress hosting
- Expensive-Due to the extra services provided by the WordPress hosting company, you will pay the amount more each month compared to shared hosting.
- Plugin Limitations – WordPress hosting services want to ensure optimal performance, they do not allow you to use certain plugins that may slow down your website.
- Strict Restrictions- WordPress hosts impose strict website restrictions and/or visitor limits.
- WordPress Sites Only- With WordPress Hosting you can only host WordPress sites.
When trying to choose the best shared or Managed WordPress hosting for your website, it's important to understand some factors before making a decision. So, when looking at shared and Managed WordPress hosts, please note the following:
- Cost-Choose an affordable web host and give you what you need at a reasonable price.
- Uptime – It's important to choose a web host that provides a good uptime guarantee so your site is always available to users.
- Features-Make sure you choose a web host that provides the features you need for your website. For example, click on a WordPress installation, email account, free domain name, etc.
- Security and Speed-Choose a secure and optimized web host to ensure your website is secure and provide good performance to your website visitors.
- Customer Support – The web hosting service you choose should provide 24/7 support so that you can fix any issues with your website as quickly as possible.
zthosting provides web hosting in Pakistan and is currently the top hosting service in Pakistan along with seller reviews. We offer reliable and affordable shared (including WordPress and Joomla packages)