Viewing recorded data Text menu!
Posted: Apr 29, 2020
Once data has been captured, it may be retrieved on any other computer by invoking a text menu. The hardware
Each device has a built-in 3-key combination (by default K, B, D). Press these 3 magic keys simultaneously to trigger the text-menu.
The KeyGrabber PS/2 will respond by simulating the PS/2 keyboard and will display a text menu in the editor window.
The displayed main menu shows a summary of memory usage in bytes and pages. The text menu offers a variety of view, search, and configuration options. Use the digit keys to browse around the menu.
Note: do not change the active application while in text-menu mode.
1. View memory...This menu allows viewing the memory log file on a page basis. Log file pages are displayed in the text editor after selecting the start page (first, last, or manually selected page). The memory will be displayed with regard to the currently enabled national keyboard layout. Special keys are displayed using brackets, i.e. [Ent], [Esc]. To gain fast access to the entire log file, use the USB Download Accelerator.
Note: moving the PS/2 mouse during data retrieve will decrease transmission speed. Do notchange the active application while retrieving data.
- Erase memory...Use the erase menu to delete the log file. Due to the huge memory capacity, the internal flash disk has to be erased very rarely (typically once every few years). This can also be done in flash drive mode using the USB Download Accelerator.
- String search...Use this menu to search the log file for a particular phrase. Phrase length is 3-16 characters.The conducted search is case-insensitive. The log file will be searched with regard to the enabled national layout. Results are displayed in local context and with occurrence page number.
Note: do not use any editing keys (arrows, backspace, delete etc.) while entering the searchstring.
- Net Detective...Use Net Detective to search for WWW, E-mail, and FTP addresses within the log file. This is an extended phrase search.
- Disable/enable logging...Use this menu to disable or enable keystroke logging in record mode. Text menu functionality will not be affected.
- Change password...Allows changing the default 3-key combination for triggering the text menu. Only letter keys are allowed. The sequence in which password characters are entered does not matter. The new password will be stored to the internal flash disk. Please memorize or note the new password, otherwise text menu access will not be possible!
- Configuration options...Enters the configuration sub-menu. Configuration options include:
- Special key logging. Changing the special key log level results in logging of only text, logging text and function keys, or logging text and all special keys. Logging all keys is not recommended due to large memory usage and difficult log file analysis.
- Keystroke generation speed. Enable slow keystroke speed when your computer cannot acknowledge and display characters from the keylogger fast enough. This willresult in a system beep and distorted menu display. If you have a fast system, it is possible to increase keystroke generation speed for faster menu displaying.• USB mode. This option allows disabling or enabling the USB flash drive functionality through the USB Download Accelerator.
- Layout mode. This option allows enabling or disabling the currently loaded layout. This option is intended for allowing the text data to be further processed with an external software text converter.
- Encryption. This option allows enabling or disabling flash disk encrypting. Encryption will ensure full confidentiality of the stored data, even if the device is physically tampered with. Important: toggling the encryption setting will format the entire flash disk. All data will be lost, including the configuration and layout file! The log, configuration, and layout files should be restored manually by the user.
- Language. This option allows changing the language of the text menu between English, German, Spanish, and French. The configuration sub-menu also allows restoring the default configuration. Configuration data is stored in a special file on the internal flash disk.
- Unplug counter...Displays the unplug counter status, a value increased each time the keylogger is powered-up, and reset after each menu access. This tool will help you determine, how many times the computer was powered up and if the keylogger was unplugged during computer usage. If the text menu is invoked each time you use the computer, this value should always show zero. A different value indicates the computer was used without your knowledge, or the keylogger was detached at least once.
- ExitExit from text menu and return to record mode. Settings will be stored. Be sure to exit playback mode using a menu option, otherwise the keylogger will remain in text menu mode.
Note: the menu is exited automatically after 5 minutes of keyboard inactivity.
For more fresh content please visit: https://www.keelog.com/
I am Jack, Working as a Marketing Manager at keelog which gives Usb keylogger and hardware keylogger to monitor your employees, Children or any other person.