Use of Stainless Steel for Fabricating Different Products
Posted: May 14, 2020
Today, stainless steel has become one of the most indispensable materials around the world. Due to its outstanding properties like high strength, durability and versatility, it is used in various applications in different sectors, ranging from construction to medical science and technology. Numerous tools, items and products used in various industries and our homes are made with stainless steel.
This metal is extremely strong and resistant to bending, denting and scratching. Stainless steel doesn’t corrode when it comes in contact with water and retains its strength for a long period of time. These qualities make it an ideal option for creating various indoor and outdoor applications. The products made from this metal can remain unblemished for a long time with basic cleaning which makes it a perfect choice for the pharmaceutical and food processing industries.
There are different techniques used in a custom stainless steel fabrication process. Companies provide custom solutions to meet the specific needs of their clients.
Different objects made by using the sheet metal fabrication process
- Frames: - Steel has to be fabricated to create strong and durable frames for different objects like doors, windows and machines. These frames not only offer a covering for the inner objects but also provide support to hold the overall structure.
- Screw conveyors: - These are extensively utilized in the manufacturing sector. Stainless steel is used to make these conveyors. They are utilized in different types of mixing and churning applications.
- Railings: - Stainless steel fabrication is also utilized to form the base of architectural components like cable railing, tube railing, etc. They are used for enhancing the beauty of interiors and for sealing edges in buildings, like a veranda or balcony.
- Handrails: - Handrails are the key components in escalators and can be commonly seen in hospitals, schools, metro terminals, offices, etc. In some of the public places it is mandatory to use them for the safety of senior citizens and children.
- Let-down chute:- These are still used in both industrial and residential buildings. The chutes are made of stainless steel due to its corrosion resistance and high durability factors
- Custom stainless sinks:- Sinks are not only used in kitchens but also in the food processing units, large scale industrial workshops, washing and drying applications as well as in large scale industrial workshops. Stainless steel sinks have a high tolerance for corrosive liquids and works for long time with little or no maintenance.
Projects where stainless steel is an ideal option
- Hospitals: Stainless steel is a perfect option for sanitary environments like hospitals due to its corrosion resistant properties.
- Applications with high strength-to-weight ratio – When it comes to high-risk of damage due to heat and chemicals, steel is a better option than other materials. It is used in skyscrapers and industrial equipment due to its strength and durability.
- For aesthetic purposes:- Appliances and restaurant equipment are created with stainless steel because it offers an appealing exterior appearance and is easy to maintain. Architects also prefer to use stainless steel for the building’s exterior because it offers a new look even after years of exposure to wind and chemicals in the rainwater.
The custom stainless steel fabrication process requires expertise and skills to create quality products. Whether you are looking for display stands manufacturing or industry-specific shelving solutions, you should always hire the services of an experienced fabrication company that assures you to deliver quality work within an agreed timeline.
Expert Metal Specialists With over 50 years of experience we’ll ensure you always get the best guidance. Quality workmanship, client relationships, and reliability are the basis of our business and form a philosophy that we are extremely proud of.