Things About Sundar Pichai And Why You Should Change Your Role Model!
Posted: Jul 27, 2020
Sundar Pichai, in full name Pichai Sundararajan, (born July 12, 1972, Madras [now Chennai], Tamil Nadu, India), Indian-born American computer scientist and executive who had been CEO of both Google, Inc. (2015-- ), and its holding company, Alphabet Inc. (2019-- ).
For a boy growing up in Madras, Pichai use to sleep in the living room of the cramped family home, but his father, an electrical engineer at the multinational GEC, ensured that the boys received a good education. In a young age Pichai exhibited an interest in engineering and an outstanding memory, particularly for phone numbers. After getting a degree in metallurgy (B.Tech., 1993) and a silver medal in the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, he was given a scholarship to study at Stanford University (M.S. in technology and materials science, 1995). He remained in the United States thereafter, working briefly for Applied Materials (a provider of semiconductor materials) and then making an M.B.A. (2002) in the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Following a short stint at the management consulting firm McKinsey & Co., Pichai joined Google in 2004 as the head of product management and growth. He originally worked on the Google Toolbar, which enabled those utilizing the Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox Internet browsers to easily get into the Google search engine. During the upcoming few decades, he had been directly involved in the growth of Google's own browser, Chrome, which premiered to the public in 2008. That same year Pichai was appointed vice president of product development, and he started to have a more-active public function. From 2012 he was a senior vice president and two years later he was made merchandise chief over both Google and the Android smartphone operating system.
Back in 2011 Pichai allegedly was aggressively pursued for employment by microblogging support Twitter, also in 2014 he had been touted as a potential CEO for Microsoft, but in both cases he had been allowed big financial packages to remain with Google. He also was known to have helped negotiate Google's $3.2 billion deal to acquire Nest Labs in 2014. Consequently, when Google cofounders Larry Page and Sergey Brin announced the creation of Alphabet Inc., in August 2015, it came as no surprise to industry insiders that Pichai was appointed CEO of Google, which was reorganized as a subsidiary. In December 2019 he was named CEO of Alphabet, substituting Larry Page, who resigned.
Best Sundar Pichai Quotes
1. "I really do think it is very important to follow your dreams and do something that you are excited by. Should you follow your heart and do what you like, you will always do much better. It doesn't matter what your educational qualification is." -- Sundar Pichai Good Morning Quotes
- Wear your failure as a badge of honour." -- Sundar Pichai
- A man or woman who's happy isn't because everything is right in his life, he's happy due to his attitude towards everything in his life is right." -- Sundar Pichai
- At Google, we've got an ambitious strategy to things, we call it Moon shots" -- Sundar Pichai
- We strive to work on things which countless people will use every day." -- Sundar Pichai
Motivational Best Sundar Pichai Quotes On Life
- We aim high." -- Sundar Pichai
- Keep pushing your limits" -- Sundar Pichai
- It is important to follow your dreams and heart. Do something which excites You" -- Sundar Pichai
- As a leader, it's important to not just see your success, but focus on the success of the others." -- Sundar Pichai "
- We try to use deep computer science to which we make so that we have a differentiated way of solving problems."
- At Google, we have an ambitious approach to things we dowe call it Moon shots"
- I really do think it is very important to follow your dreams and do something that you're excited by. If you follow your heart and do whatever you enjoy, you will always do better. It does not matter what your educational qualification is."
Inspirational Sundar Pichai Quotes
- We try to use deep computer science into what we create so that we have a differentiated way of solving issues."
- Good companies do whatever it takes."
- Keep pushing your limitation "When Larry and Sergey founded Google Search, among the things that struck me is that it was available for everybody to use. We deeply want our services to work for everyone. And that inherently implies we must work together with partners. That's the thesis underlying everything we do."
- Computing is growing beyond phones, and individuals are using it in context across several scenarios, be it within their own tv, be it in their vehicle, be it something that they wear on their wrist or even something a lot more immersive."