How To Make A Perfect Salad? Here are Some Options
Posted: Nov 02, 2020
Whether it is a sunny day or a cold day, people of all ages love eating salad as a mid-day snack item. The salads are easy to make, satiate hunger pangs even at the eleventh hour of the day and above all, healthy. Whether you are a vegetarian or meat lover, you have a variety of items to add in it as per your tastes and preferences. It is difficult to say How to make a perfect salad as one recipe which you like might not like by your partner. So, let’s take a general overview of how to make a perfect salad by adding different items.
- Start with Dark Green Leafy: It is hard to imagine any salad without green color. The dark green leafy veggies actually form the base of any salad. Some of the best options to choose for dark green leafy are baby spinach, asparagus, cabbage and broccoli. Make sure either to boil or steam these green leafy vegetables. If you are not boiling it, chop them in small pieces so they are easy to eat. This one goes with cabbage perfectly.
- Add Color and Variety: Now, it is the time to give a colourful look to your salad by adding scores of vegetables. You have a plethora of options to choose from starting with baby carrots. Baby carrots are convenient to add as they do not need any peeling but you need to finely chop them into small pieces. Add yellow and orange color by adding bell peppers. Slice these peppers into long strips and afterwards, chop these strips into small pieces. If you want to add light green color, cucumber is the best option. For making a perfect salad, give it a little kick by adding small an nicely diced onion pieces. You can give it a nice twist by adding black olives as they are tasty and health also. Corn and mushroom are other two vegetables you can think about adding.
- How to make a perfect salad recipe is incomplete without adding sizeable portion of proteins. The popular combinations of sunflower seeds and chick peas work wonder. You can even choose the combination of flax seeds and walnuts to add some crunchy taste.
- If you want to add a touch of sweetness in your salad, you can choose from dried cranberries or raisins.
- The last step should be adding some salt and a teaspoon full of extra virgin oil to enhance its taste.
If you are a non-vegetarian, you should give a try to Asian Sesame Chicken salad. It is a real delight and easy to prepare with ingredients like chicken strips, almonds, sesame seeds and green asparagus. As per your taste, you can dress it up with vinegar, soya sauce or chilly oil. Another popular option for making a perfect salad is using soyabean. Soyabean is one of the natural sources of protein that will satiate your hunger pangs instantly. For this, you need soy granules and some added flavour. Serve it in a cup to increase its appeal.
You can even find many other salad recipes and choose your favourite how to make a perfect salad. Accordingly, buy required ingredients from online stores.
Everyone likes different kinds of How to make a perfect salad. Some prefer adding multiple colors.