How to Troubleshoot Discord Installation Failed Issue on Windows 10?
Posted: Dec 18, 2020
If you are an enthusiastic gamer, then might already be familiar with Discord. It enables you to communicate or coordinate with others through private servers. Some users may come across Discord Installation Failed error on Windows 10. This error message may pop up during the installation of Discord. To learn how to fix this error, check out the solutions given below.
Remove Discord from the System
- First, tap the ‘Ctrl+Shift+Esc’ hotkeys simultaneously to invoke the Task Manager.
- Then you have to ensure you are on the tab of Processes.
- Now, check for the entry related to Discord.
- After that, click on the Discord associated processes and choose the End Task option.
- Then shut the Task Manager screen.
- Navigate to the taskbar and select the icon of Search.
- After that, input ‘control panel’ into it and select the OK button to open the Control Panel.
- Now, select the Uninstall a Program option beneath the category of Programs.
- Finally, select Discord and right-click on it, then pick the Uninstall button.
Delete Discord Leftover Files
- Hit the Windows and R hotkeys altogether to invoke the Run prompt.
- Afterward, insert "%appdata%" into it and tap the OK button.
- You should remove the ‘%AppData%/Discord’ and ‘%LocalAppData%/Discord’ folders.
- Now, reboot the system to apply the changes.
Additional Troubleshooting Instructions
- First, you need to open the Settings app.
- You should choose the Update and Security option.
- Go to the left panel and click on the Windows Update button.
- After that, switch to the right panel, then select the ‘View Update History’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Uninstall an Update’ option and click on it.
- Once you reach the new screen, check for the updates you have recently installed, right-click on them, and choose the Uninstall button.
- Now, after removing the package of Windows update, you can attempt installing Discord again.
Set the Discord Compatibility
- Navigate to the shortcut icon of Discord and right-click on it.
- Then pick the ‘Troubleshoot compatibility’ option.
- You should choose the ‘Troubleshoot program’ option.
- Later, choose the "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won’t install or run now" option and then tap on the Next button.
- After that, select the ‘Test the program’ option.
- Now, try to install the Discord app again.
If you are still unable to install Discord on your device, then you should check your internet connection. Also, ensure that your firewall and antivirus software are not hindering the process.
I am a student, web developer, and software engineer.