Beginner’s Guide To Yacht Charter
Posted: Mar 27, 2021
It is your first time and you are not confident about your first yacht charter holiday. How would you start then? You will talk to an expert or somebody who have experienced a yacht charter earlier. However, the yacht company with whom you book your charter also provides complete guidance before you step in.
Here, we will share a few advice to make your charter journey the most enjoyable one, so that you have some idea before you book your yacht charter tour.
1. What to Prepare While Chartering a Yacht?
First of all, it is better you talk to your crew members before you step into your yacht. They will guide you on every step you take. A few points that must consider before you are onboard:-
- Ensure you carry collapsible bags as recommended by crew members so that there is no storage problem due to the shortage of space in storage rooms.
- Check the weather and the temperature of the route and destination you are sailing to before you pack your bag. Seas are unpredictable. So, to avoid any kind of mishaps it is advised you do check the weather forecast so that if the situation is not favourable, your tour can be rescheduled easily.
- Some essentials that you must not forget: sunscreen lotion, sun shades, sailing gloves, deck shoes, wind jacket, do keep warm clothes too, the first-aid kit, medicines, travel guide book, toiletries, etc.
- Keep your passport and visa (if necessary), your skipper’s licenses if you are sailing yourself, VHF license (if required). Keep a waterproof bag to carry all the documents. Keep a little local currency of the place you are planning to visit, and also prepare an International credit card for your convenience.
- Plan your Itinerary well in advance when you have decided to sail. If it is peak season, you might find it tough to find a yacht of your choice. A last-minute rush can be very disappointing.
2. How Beneficial is a Skippered Yacht Charter?
This is your first-time sailing. So, it is assumed you are not a licensed sailor and you do not have any skills in sailing, which is necessary if you want to sail your boat all by yourself. This is when you can hire a skipper. A skipper is a certified sailor who carries a license to sail. Whether you are a first-timer or a veteran, hiring a skipper can be of great help. You et an opportunity to lay back and enjoy your holiday as per your wish. Moreover, you will also get a chance to learn new skills from the skippers if you wish to sail all by yourself on the next trip. Skippers not only operate your yacht, but they also take care of the safety and maintenance concerns onboard the yacht. Your charter company will provide you with complete guidelines about the same.
3. What is Available in the Marina?
Marina is a place where you can anchor your yacht to stock your daily provisions that you would require during your trip, be it grocery, fuel, yacht valeting, etc. Find out the nearest shops for your supplies and load whatever is possible. You can also find swimming pools, fine-dining restaurants, gyms near many marinas.
4. What is Available in the Yachts?
Yachts are well-equipped to meet all the requirements of people onboard. Safety is a priority, so it is essential that yachts are properly investigated before departure. Also, they come with safety equipment, guides & maps. Kitchens are equipped with a stove, refrigerator, sink, microwave, cooking utensils, and cutlery, depending on the number of people on board. Additionally, toiletries, towels, bedding are included in the charter cost. Also, if you are interested in indulging in kayaking, paddling and snorkelling, the yacht also comes with necessary gears and equipment, which are available for rent when chartering a yacht.
5. What is the Check-in Process?
It is better you talk to the yacht charter company representatives with whom you have booked your yacht charter to understand the check-in procedure.
6. Are there any Additional Payments?
It is better if you ask your yacht rental company about it while booking. It is better to be aware of all the costs that you may have to bear on board, or if everything is available in one inclusive package.
Mary Rowling is a content creator and strategist. She has got a strong flair for writing and enjoys writing on various topics like Travel, Cruise, Technology, Business, Social and Lifestyle issues.