How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 1403
Posted: Apr 05, 2021
A number of printers are available in the market, but Canon stands out from the rest. Canon printers are appreciated as these printers offer high-quality prints. Be it personal or business use, most people love Canon printers. The thing that some users don't like about Canon printers is the occurrence of error codes. One of the common error codes that occur on Canon printers is 1403. If you are facing the error code 1403 on your Canon printer, you can resolve it by following the instructions provided below. Let's get started.
Know the Causes for the Canon Printer Error Code 1403
Whenever you encounter the error code 1403 on your Canon printer, there may be something wrong with the printhead. In rare cases, the issue may be related to ink cartridges in your printer. We have tried to explain in detail the reasons behind the error. Furthermore, we have also explained the troubleshooting methods to eliminate the error code 1403. Let's go ahead and try to fix it.
The error appears on Canon printers when the cartridge is either defective or damaged. The wrong position of the cartridge may also lead to the occurrence of the error. Below are the steps you can take to resolve error code 1403 on your Canon printer.
- First, in order to troubleshoot the error code 1403 on your Canon printer, turn off the printer.
- Disconnect the wires of the printer from the power supply.
- Then, you need to open the printer cover gently.
- Hold the printer cartridge and slide it over.
- Pull out the print head from your Canon printer.
- Use cotton or wet cloth in order to clean the print head using your hands.
- You can clean the cartridges also if you want.
- After you have cleaned the cartridge and print head, wait until both get dry.
- Now, put these cartridges back into the printer.
- Place the print head on the cartridge properly.
- Close the lid and try to print a test page to see whether the error has gone away.
Note: Make sure that neither the print head nor cartridge is open from any side. If the same happens, the error may often appear. In order to fix the issue, we have suggested more solutions below. Take a look at these.
Update Printer Drivers
Updating the printer drivers is a great solution. If you encounter the error, you can fix the printer drivers and quickly fix the error code 1403. Follow these steps:
- First and foremost, you need to connect your system to a stable internet connection.
- Access your browser and search for the drivers for your Canon printer model.
- Download these drivers and install these printer drivers by following the on-screen instructions.
- Updating the printer drivers is a great and quick fix that can help you resolve the error code 1403.
Reinstall the Cartridges Properly
If you are one of those, who have tried out all the solutions, but nothing worked, you now need to check whether the cartridges installed in your Canon printer have been appropriately placed or not. If not, correctly place them to fix the error. Follow the steps:
- Remove the cartridges from your printer one by one.
- Check to see if any cartridge of these is defective or damaged.
- If you find any one of these defective, replace the defective cartridge with the new one.
- Again, reinstall the cartridges in the proper position.
- Close the cover and try printing a test page.
Resolve the error code 1403 of the Canon printer. We have provided helpful processes to eliminate the error code 1403. We hope you find these methods helpful.
Hi I am Dana Joyce. I have started working as a Product Designer. This site provides me with all the latest updates regarding business, technology, education, Software, and all other issues.