How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 801
Posted: Apr 08, 2021
Canon printers do an excellent job of printing documents and offer outstanding print quality. This is the reason most people love buying them. Sometimes, Canon printer users may get annoyed when they see the error code 801 and cannot find any solutions to it. In order to assist users in solving error code 801, we have shared the effective solutions below. To fix the error, you first need to know what causes the error and then follow the procedure to resolve it.
Know the Reasons Behind the Error Code 801
When the error code 801 occurs, your printer suddenly stops functioning and does not respond to the commands. A Canon printer user may get frustrated, especially when he/she needs to print some important documents. The causes for the error 801 have been given below:
- When there is a technical issue with the FTP server, error 801 is standard on Canon printers.
- SMTP error may cause some issues and show the error code 801 on your Canon printer.
- SMB error is related to memory. It can cause the occurrence of the error code 801.
- A Canon printer user can face the error code 801 when there is any communication error with the SMTP server.
- If a Canon printer user tries to send the file to the destination without administrative access, such a situation can lead to this error.
- Improper address settings, you may encounter errors.
Note: We have mentioned the possible reasons for the emergence of the error code 801 on a Canon printer. In order to shoo away the error, you need to understand the leading cause of the error and apply the steps below to fix it.
If the error 801 is caused by the SMTP server, you can follow the steps below:
- First and foremost, try to find out whether the SMTP server is working properly.
- Verify the email address and check if the email address is valid for the current SMTP server.
- Check the network connection.
- Check out configuration settings and configure them according to your Canon device.
When there is an issue with the FTP server, your printer may display the error code 801. Below are the steps you can take to resolve the error. Follow the instructions:
- First, check whether you have permission to a particular destination or not.
- Do not send a copied file as it will be rejected.
- While you send the file, make sure the particular destination’s username and password are right.
We have already mentioned that the cause of the error code 801 may also be an SMB error. In order to resolve the problem, follow the steps:
- Check if the destination has space left on it.
- It may be possible that the user may not have enough disk data.
- The SMB client setting must be turned on.
- Security applications should be run during the process.
To solve the error, one can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Check the functionality of the SMTP error, as well as check the status of the network.
- Now, you need to check for the address settings.
- If you notice any technical error in the address settings, fix it.
- Check whether the file name you would like to send exists or not.
- Check the permission and enable it manually.
- Restart your printer. The error will be fixed.
The article includes various steps to resolve error code 801. With the help of the steps given above, you will be able to fix the issue easily. We hope you find the solutions helpful.
Hi I am Dana Joyce. I have started working as a Product Designer. This site provides me with all the latest updates regarding business, technology, education, Software, and all other issues.