How to obtain ISP License in India
Posted: Jun 18, 2021
If you’re someone who has the technology, the expertise and the financial backing to provide internet services, chances are you’d try to open an ISP. To do that, you need another thing: ISP License. ISP License is issued by the Department of Telecommunication based on the size of regions in which you want to provide internet services.
In this article, we are going to dive into this topic and come up with the best way to obtain ISP License in India.What is an ISP license?
ISP License or the Unified License of an ISP is a way to register your ISP under the governance of Department of Telecommunication.
Read More:Rank Math SEO Plugin
Without the license, your internet service centre won’t have any legality. To issue you the license, the DOT first sees if you match the eligibility criteria. They include:
- Whether you have optimal infrastructure to provide the services
- Whether you have the financial strength needed to retain your business
- Whether you have the technical expertise to back up your services.
The above three things are important because even when you get the ISP License through online registration, the Department will inspect your facilities on an yearly basis.What are the types of ISP license available?
Depending upon your minimum capital and area that you want to cover with your ISP services, there are three types of ISP license available:
- Category A ISP License: It’s the authorization you get if you wish to provide internet services across the country.
- Category B ISP License: If you want to provide internet access within a metropolitan state, you need to acquire the Category B ISp License
- Category C ISP License: If you want to go even smaller – providing internet services to a small town or a village, you need to acquire the category C ISP License.
Let’s now answer your question: how to get internet service provider license.
- First, you need to contact a business incorporation consultant register your business as a company.
- Afterwards, checkout the ISP license agreement format and study it thoroughly.
- File the online application of ISP License. Don’t forget to choose the category and uploading the ISP license requirements which are:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Articles of Association
- Memorandum of Association
- List of directors of the company
- List of shareholders of the company
- Description of the ISP business
- Net Worth certificate
- Audited Balance sheet
- Receipt of the application fee
- Now, take the printout of the application and mail it directly to the DOT for further analysis.
- If the application is accepted, you’ll obtain a document known as the letter of intent
- Letter of intent entails instructions to pay the Financial Bank Guarantee, Performance Bank Guarantee and Entry fees.
- In the end, sign the ISP License agreement with the Department of Telecommunication.
Read More: SE Ranking ReviewConclusion
If at any point you feel confused by the above process, contact our ISP License consultants. We can assist you to obtain the ISP license in India.
Ever wondered how to obtain the ISP license in India? If you have, this blog will teach you all about ISP license
Vicky kumar is a company analyst in IP1 License.