How do I fix IMAP for Hotmail on iPhone?
Posted: Jun 18, 2021
Are you looking for solutions to fix IMAP for your Hotmail on your iPhone? Don't know from where to start? Are you searching for the Hotmail IMAP settings iPhone? Well, you have come to the right place. Even if you do not have any idea about it, with this blog you will be able to handle the issue on your own.
IMAP plays an essential role in the functioning of email services, if your iPhone is throwing up the issue with your IMAP the adding your account again to it can be a savior fix for you. Let us see how we can do that use Outlook email server settings on iPhone.
- On your iPhone, navigate to the Settings section.
- Locate the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars option
- Now select it.
- Click on Add account
- Then select Other
- Now select Add Mail Account.
- The Add Mail Account wizard will appear on the screen.
- Fill the fields with the information below.
- Name: Your name.
- Email: email address of your Hotmail account.
- Password: security key if your Hotmail account.
- Description: Type the Hotmail account.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now, the incoming mail server wizard will appear
- Select the IMAP option
- Enter the details as discussed below.
- Click here to know more about the IMAP Server Issue
- Server name imap-mail.outlook.com.
- Port number: 993
- Encryption type: SSL.
14. Similarly, fill the outgoing mail server screen by referring to the data given below.
- Server name smtp-mail.outlook.com.
- User name email.
- Password: Your Hotmail account password.
- After filling the incoming and outgoing server setting fields, click on the Save button.
- Navigate to the Outgoing mail server field
- Now choose the SMTP option.
- Check if the information below is displayed on the screen.
- Port number: 587.
- Encryption method: TLS.
- If not, reset it as given above
- Click on the done button.
- Re-check all the mail server settings.
- After that, restart your iPhone.
My name is Ponty Samson. I am working at Getechinfo. It offers blogs for All Emails, Antivirus, printers, browsers, Supportive Products, Router, Devices, Games, etc. You can touch on +1-325-238-8006.