Unique Questions to Ask When Meeting Someone New
Posted: Jul 08, 2021
Are you traveling this summer? Are you meeting new people while you’re out and about?
Many of us are seeing people again, and putting ourselves "out there more." Summer is the perfect time to expand your horizons and get to know someone new.
Plus, you can use the time to connect with your loved ones! Today's questions create unforgettable memories either way. You'll learn a lot about the people around you, whether you barely know them or spend every day with them. In fact, their answers may surprise you.
As a bonus, these questions are SO EASY to pull out and make the PERFECT car games too!
- What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever seen?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever seen?
- What’s the weirdest thing that you do?
- If you could only keep one memory, which would you choose?
For more questions like this, see these epic how well do I know you questions
- Would you rather live until you are old with horrible health, or die young with amazing health?
- Who is your favorite person in the world? Why?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- When was the last time you tried something new?
- What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?
- If you could get any pet right now, what would it be?
- If you could travel anywhere right now, but had to stay for a year, where would it be?
- What does your dream house look like?
- What does your dream life look like?
- Do you prefer tv, books, or social media?
- What’s your favorite thing about your life right now?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite quality about yourself?
- What has been your wildest adventure?
- Who has shaped your life the most?
- In a perfect world, what would you do for a living?
While these questions may be a little odd, they will provoke conversation that you wouldn’t otherwise have. The result of this is some lively and enlightening conversation with your fellow human beings. You’ll learn new things about them, but also about yourself.
After all, when was the last time you thought about your dream life? Or what you truly want to do for a living? Has it been awhile since you had a wild adventure?
Perhaps it’s time to get a little clearer on what you find meaningful and where you find purpose. On what lights you up and makes you a better person.
Furthermore, you will all uncover some memories you will have forgotten, helping you remember the "good old times" with people you love. Either way, these questions will leave you with warm and fuzzy feelings, plus give you insight into the wonderful world of others.
"To invest the time to get to know someone offers the gift of being understood." – Doug Cooper
Jenn writes at her blog healthyhappyimpactful.com. She’s a mom of three looking to learn and grow. Check it out if you love helpful tips on health, family, and personal growth.