How to fix Google app not working on iPhone
Posted: Jun 23, 2022
Google app not working on iPhone? how to fix
Having trouble running the Google app on iPhone? For example, have you come across instances where Google app not working on iPhone search results or are you getting an error message that the webpage is not available? well, you are not alone.
This often happens for a wide range of reasons. From poor internet connection, accumulated cache to updated/outdated software/app.
How to Fix Google App Not Working on iPhone
To fix issues with a broken Google app, use the following troubleshooting tips:
1. Check internet connection
Your problem with Google searches may be a result of poor internet connection or lack thereof. So start by making sure your device is not in airplane mode.
Go to settings and disable the Airplane mode feature if it is enabled. This will enable Wi-Fi and mobile networks.
Then check if the Wi-Fi connection is working. Go to "Settings" then find "Wi-Fi" and turn it on. Choose the network and enter a password if prompted. If that doesn't fix the problem, restart your router and move closer to it.
Finally, check your mobile data connection. Go to "Settings", click on "Mobile data" and activate it. If it was on, turn it off and then back on.
If the search bar still doesn't work or you don't have coverage, try moving to an area with better coverage or contact your mobile carrier.
2. Force quit the Google app
- Force quitting your Google app when it stops responding can help fix the underlying issues. Here's how to force quit Google for different iPhone models.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and hold in the center.
- Swipe horizontally to see all open and recently used apps.
- Find the Google app and swipe it up to close it.
- Double-click the Home button to see all open and recently used apps.
- Swipe right or left until you find the Google app.
- Swipe up on the Google app card to force close it.
3. Reset Network Settings
Incorrect network settings might be the reason why Google search stopped working on iPhone. You can fix this problem by resetting the settings. Follow the steps below:
- Go to settings".
- Select "General".
- Click "Reset".
- Click "Reset Network Settings".
- Enter your password and confirm that you want to "Reset Network Settings".
- This action will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, VPN and APN settings, and cellular settings.
So you will need to enter your Wi-Fi network password to reconnect and check if the Google app is working.
4. Restart your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone is one of the easiest solutions to an unresponsive app and other system issues. You must try it when Google search not working on your iPhone.
Follow the guide below.
How to restart iPhone X, 11, 12 or 13
Simultaneously press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears.
Drag the slider to the right to turn off the device.
Wait 30 seconds for the device to turn off completely.
To turn on the iPhone, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
5. Clear Google app cache
Clearing the Google app cache can be a great way to fix the app.
Step1: Open Settings on your Android phone and go to Application/Application Manager.
Step 2: Click on Google, on the next screen.
Step 3: Go to Settings> Applications/Application Manager> Google. Then tap on Storage followed by Clear Cache. If that doesn't work, you should try the option called Clear Data/Storage. Keep in mind that this will also delete your data.
6. Update the Google app
Updating the app by going to the Play Store can also do the trick. Go to Play Store, search for Google and click update when the app appears.
I am a blogger and help to fights booking national and international.