All you need to know about Elevator Modernization
Elevator modernization refers to alterations or repairs to improve the operations of the elevator. It involves change of equipment, parts, subsystems or components. It also includes maintenance or repair of the elevator.
Areas of concern during an elevator modernization
? The facility manager should consider upgrading the main line amperage, rating, sensors and composition.
? Integration of fire and smoke alarm in the elevator
? Ensuring changes on emergency power or generators
? Installing HVAC in the elevator machine to increase cooling
? Integration of performance and code
? Considering upgradation of sump pumps, lighting, drains, electrical codes and pit ladders
Why elevator modernization is important?
- Safety: Elevators require regular upgrades. If the components or parts are outdated they will not integrate with the current codes and safety standards. Modernization is necessary to keep the components updated and ensure the integration of current code to increase its safety for use.
- Performance: Elevator modernization improves the performance of the elevator. It ensures continuous, safe and efficient operation of the elevator and keeps the occupants happy. An out of order elevator is frustrating for the occupants of the building.
- Efficiency: Modernization saves energy cost and thereby reducing the maintenance cost of the building. It also improves the overall efficiency of the elevator ensuring quick and smooth arrival to the destination of the riders.
- Accessibility: Modernization meets the accessibility requirements and improves the performance of the elevator. Modern equipment’s are more convenient and easy especially for wheelchairs and children.
- Aesthetics: The first thing that is encountered after entering the building is the elevator. People can judge about the building on the basis on elevator maintenance and appearance. Quality materials and good design is essential to leave an impact on the users. Maintenance and modernization is important to attract the users and keep them happy.
Otis is the leader in providing elevator solutions to its customer. They have the largest number of branches and service centers that are open 24 hours a day and 365 days in a year.Otis has been successful in gaining the confidence of the customers. They regularly develop new products to meet the needs of the customers providing maintenance services and modernization solutions to increase the life of the elevator and improve its efficiency and safety.
Schindler is another service provider that provides upgrades solutions for the elevators at very reasonable prices.Their upgrades and repair policy improves the performance and reliability providing complete customer satisfaction.They follow seven point safety inspections on all elevators to keep them running. They are known for their consistent, quick and reliable responses as well as expert technicians and advanced technology.
Service maintenance contract steps followed by Schindler:
The maintenance program: The maintenance program offered by them depends upon various factors like the type of equipment, usage and environment. All these factors will decide the number of service and maintenance visit of their technician. Their parts are easily available in the market ensuring quick service rendered to their clients for emergency elevator repair.
PSI’s: Safety is a paramount importance for Schindler. They pay more attention to the safety norms and provide safety inspections regularly.
About the Author
Otis Elevator Service is the leader in providing elevator solutions to its customer. To read more you can visit at http://newenglandelevator.com.
I am providing best business service, If you want to get this service then check my articles.