Cycling Ireland: The Best Routes
Posted: Jan 06, 2016
Ireland is one of the most mystical and beautiful places in the entire world. From beautiful native Celtic music to old age stunning kingdoms, the lure of the Loch Ness to the breathtaking sceneries, Ireland has it all. But what about cycling Ireland?Does it hold a privileges position in luxury cycling trips Europe? Let us take a look at some of the most beautiful and popular cycling routes in the region of Ireland.
- Antrim Coast Road: One of the most famous Irish coastal roads, this route is approximately 68 kilometers and when you are on it, you can view some of the most popular attractions like Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and the Giant’s Causeway.
- The route from Carrick-on-Suir toSeskin Hill:This will take you directly to where Sean Kelly grew up, no joke! Apart from that, you will also get a spectacular view of the Comeragh Mountains on your way down.
- The Healy Pas Route: Looking for some challenge with tons of fun? Then the Healy Pass is an amazing mixture of gentle roads along with some twisted loops and gradients. But worry not, the gentle breeze and the stunning view of the beautiful Beara Peninsula will be worth all the deep breaths that you take.
- The Route from Killarney to Waterville: If it some quiet and solitude that you seek, in order to find your Zen, then this spot in cycling Ireland is just the place to hit. It is relatively remote and not many people know about this. Thus, you can be sure of remaining undisturbed.
- Derroura Mountain Bike Trail: Be very cautious, this trail is not for beginners or the ones who tire easily. This mountain trail includes long distances, steep climbs and difficult terrain, all in a day’s work for adrenaline junkies, correct?
- The route from Bantry to Cork City: Cork City is one of the most beautiful and serene regions in all of Ireland. Of course, it is no luxury cycling trips Europe, but who cares when you get to cross the beautiful Gougane Barra?
- The phoenix park loop in Dublin City: This cycling loop offers a beautiful view of the beautiful city of Dublin. You can simply hire a bike and set down on this 87 kilometer trail to find some time to unwind yourself.
- The route from Donegal to Glencolmcille: Take a break and visit the beautiful city of Donegal which still holds faithful to its rich history and culture. Talk to the people in Celtic, visit the age old monasteries and have a fun time across this beautiful route.
- The Knockmealdownsroute:One of the lesser known and more underrated cycling routes all across Ireland, the Knockmealdowns route is famous for its Vee climb. There are more than one route, and you have to explore them all to get the full effect.
- The route from Kiladare to Birr: Roughly, a two day distance, you can breathe in the unpolluted air or Ireland, visit old mansions and gaze at the huge number of cows along this trip. Don’t forget to visit the beautiful Rock of Dunamase.
http://www.globetrekers.com/ Cycling Ireland can be one of the most adventurous and amazing things that you will ever do in your life, not just because of the thrill of it, but because you will get to first handedly experience the rich Irish heritage and culture. So the next time you are a part of http://www.globetrekers.com/luxury-cycling-holiday/ Luxury Cycling Trips Europe, make sure to stop at Ireland.
I am a freelance writer, seo cinsultant and content creator