Doctor Richard Reid is Experienced in the Field of Gynecology
Posted: Apr 14, 2016
Doctor Richard Reid is a medical specialist in the field of gynecology based in Australia. He was born in 1942, and grew up in Papua New Guinea. His educational credentials include:
- Attended secondary school at Church of England Grammar School in Brisbane.
- Medicine at University of Queensland in Brisbane.
- Internship and Residency in Auckland.
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology specialist training at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney.
- Pelvic Surgery / Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship at Wayne State University in Detroit.
- MBBS degree from the University of Queensland.
He worked in Papua New Guinea for two years, and then began country general practice in Camden, NSW. In November 1996, he returned to Australia, and started his private practice there His board certifications include member of Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, Diplomate, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology in 1985, Fellow of American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists in 1985, American College of Surgeons in 1987, etc.
Doctor Richard Reid is a professional gynecologist who has won several awards in the field:
- FJ Browne Gold Medal: Awarded for scoring the highest marks in Royal College Obstetrics & Gynaecology Membership exam (1977).
- Presidential Award, Society of Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology: Awarded for the "Best Basic Science Paper" at the Biennial Meeting in Orlando, FL.
- Presidential Award, (American) Society of Gynecologic Oncologists: Awarded for the "Best Paper" at the XVII Meeting in Palm Springs, CA.
- Annual Contemporary Ob Gyn Journal Authors Award: Awarded for Best Paper at the Central Association of Obstetricians & Gynecologists in Memphis.
- Best Scientific Paper Award: Awarded by Central Association of Obstetricians & Gynecologists in Houston.
Doctor Richard has contributed a lot in the development of the gynecology field. He has done many scientific researches, and was involved in various international conferences on gynecology oncology, human papillomavirus, colpscopy & cervical pathology, vulvar disease, general gynaecology, and pelvic reconstructive surgery. In addition, there are various medical editorial boards with which he was associated - Papillomavirus Report, Gynecologic Surgery, Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, Colposcopy and Gynecologic Laser Surgery, The Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease, and Pelvi-Perineology.
Doctor Richard Reid has also been a guest editor for Proceedings of VII Meeting of the Australian Society of Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology, Colposcopy & Gynecologic Laser Surgery, Human Papillomavirus Infections, Health Care of the Well Woman, Human Papillomaviruses & Human Papillomaviruses of Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America, and Human Papillomaviruses of Dermatology Clinics of North America.