Merge PST Files Into One In Outlook 2007| Outlook 2010| Outlook 2013
What is Outlook PST File and its Merge Feature?
PST (Personal Storage Table) File allow users to access Microsoft Outlook Data using a personal Data file. Whenever any new data appear in Outlook email client, it saves the information of those data with the.pst file extension. As you know that Outlook is an email client which has lot of built-in feature. Similarly Merge is another feature of Outlook which allow user to merge PST files into one separate Outlook data file.
Why Do We Need to Combine PST Files?
When we have many PST files in Outlook and handling the multiple Outlook data files become difficult for us. In this case, we merge the data of the PST files that are smaller in size. By doing this we can reduce the number of PST files in Outlook. So that the mailbox can be synchronized in a managed way.
This way of merging PST data also helps in reducing the mismatching of information of Outlook data file with one another.
Sometimes having multiple PST files in your MS Outlook email client may create a problem at the time when we search for any specific information. So by combining some PST files that you rarely access can manage your Outlook data in well manner. And this way one can easily find the particular elements under PST file.
Merge PST files into one using Outlook Import option
Here, firstly we’ll create a new blank PST file and then move the data from the desired Outlook data file to the newly created file using Import feature of Microsoft Outlook. To do that, follow each of the below described steps carefully.
Create a blank PST file
- Start your Outlook email client & from the ribbon bar click on New Items>> click on More Items and select Outlook Data File>> create name for the file and click OK.
Import PST files
- Click on File in Outlook>> Look for the Open & Export option and click on it>> now click Import and Export.
- Select Import from another program or file and click Next>> choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and again click Next.
- Browse the folder to import into, select the option Do not import duplicates and click on Next.
- Choose the file to import from>> select Include Sub-folders>> then select Import items into the same folder in and click on finish.
Useful Advantages to merge Outlook Data Files
For simple and easy solution use the tested version of third party application PST Merge to merge PST files into one. Have look on its supporting features:
- Allow user to combine PST files by giving three options by which you can Join PST files, Merge multiple PST files and Merge Contacts.
- Enable Outlook users to merge their email and contacts of different PST files into an individual PST.
- Permit users to join or merge multiple OL PST files into one PST in batch.
- Provide reliable, user-friendly and simple procedure to combine Outlook data.
Being an author of MS Outlook Ware, Clark Kent has experience in IT sector more than 21 years. He is now working with an organization of Data Recovery and known for his quality proficiency in MS Outlook and to provide excellent solution to the users.