How to fix in Dell all-in-one printer error 1203?
Posted: Sep 13, 2017
Dell, the multination computer technology company manufactures laptops, desktops, peripheral devices, cameras, HD TVs and other amazing products. Along with these products, its printers are also demanded across the world. Dell introduces its first printer in the year of 2003. The company self manufactures their own cartridges and toners. Dell printing range both wired and wireless is known for offering users the best printing experience. Dell all-in-one printers can do multiple functions including scanning, printing and copying. That’s why they have been called as performance powerhouse.
Though Dell AIO or all-in-one printers are perfect in everything, there are chances that you may encounter an error while dealing with these printers. The most common error among these is Error 1203. If you have also encountered the same error code, then this article will definitely help you out!What causes Dell Error 1203?
Error 1203 occurs mainly when there is some issue in the printer’s cartridge. This halts the entire printing operation as the ink might not get fall at the right place into the paper.Steps to Troubleshoot Dell Error 1203
- 1.Turn off the printer and also remove the power supply from the back of the printer
- 2. Wait for one minute, re-insert the power supply and then turn the printer on
- 3. Check whether the printer still displays error 1203
- 4. If no, print a test page
- 5. If it is still there, continue troubleshooting it
- 6. Remove the power supply after turning off the printer
- 7. Open the top cover of the printer and carefully move the cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer with the help of a carrier belt
- 8. Remove the cartridge from the printer, close the cover and start the printer by plugging in the power cable
- 9. If it doesn’t shows up the error message, clean the cartridge and put it back in place
- 10. Print a test page
- 11. It’s good to go!
If the problem still persists, contact Dell customer support team. Their team of technician is available 24*7 to fix all the Dell printer errors of the customers.
Lena Smith is the author of this article, she has written various articles on Technical issues.