Agile development method comes very handy for a web development company
Posted: Sep 22, 2017
Agile methods were derived or came up from the projects experiences in real-time of some of the best software professionals who experienced limitations and challenge of the traditional waterfall method from one project to another. The approach promoted agile in direct response to the concern associated with traditional development of software in overall philosophy and specific processes. In its simplest form, the agile development process offers a lightweight framework to help teams, provided a constantly evolving technical and functional space, maintain focus on fast business value delivery. As a result of the focus, the benefits of agile development are that companies could considerably minimize the overall risk that’s associated with web development.
WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES USING THE AGILE METHODOLOGY
With agile web solutions, a web development company envisions project goals. The methodology follows a pre-decided path, including the analysis requirement, designing, testing, coding and documentation. This type of web development model puts emphasis on a project’s proper planning and sequential progression. A web development organization gains from agile since it gets regular feedback from customers in the different stages of the project. This helps to easily customize web apps in the course of development, with no time wasted on re-designing. Apps are more customer-oriented and error-free, which in turn reduces the development cost and time.
The service provider could engage a lot of development teams and the best agile software tools simultaneously on a project. This lowers project cost since results are delivered within the time frame stipulated. Agile methodology is highly suitable for small timeline projects.
WHY WEB DEVELOPERS PREFER AGILE
Today, web developers prefer using the agile methodology in building websites for various enterprises. Here’s why agile is a good option for them.
- Stakeholder engagement. Agile provides numerous opportunities for the stakeholder as well as team engagement. By getting the client involved in each step of the project there’s a higher collaboration degree between the customer and the development team, giving more opportunities for the team to really comprehend the vision of the client. Delivering early a working software and regularly boosts the trust of stakeholders in delivering high-quality website and encourages them to be more deeply engaged on a project.
- Predictable and early delivery. Through using fixed, time-boxed schedule, new features are delivered often and fast, with high predictability level. Also, this provides a chance to release or beta test software earlier than planned if there’s sufficient value to business.
- Transparency. The agile approach offers a one-of-a-kind opportunity for clients to be involved all throughout the project, from features priority to iteration planning and review sessions to comprehend that they’re seeing work in progress in exchange for the added transparency benefit.
- Focus on business value. By letting the client determine priority of features, the team understands what is most important to the business of the client and could deliver the features, which provide most business value.
- Focus on users. Commonly, agile uses user stories with a business-focused acceptance criteria for defining product features. Through focusing feature on the real users’ needs, every feature deliver value, not only an IT component. Also, this provides a chance to beta test software, gaining feedback early on in the project, providing the ability of making changes as required.
- Predictable schedule and expenses. Since each Sprint is a fixed durations, the expenses is predictable and is limited to the work that could be performed by the team in a fixed time box. Mixed with estimates provided to the client before every Sprint, the customer could readily understand the approximate cost of every feature that boosts decision making in terms of features priority as well as additional iterations requirement.
- Boosts quality. Through breaking down a project to manageable unites, the project team could focus on development that is high quality, on testing and collaboration. Furthermore, by creating frequent builds and doing testing and reviews in each iteration, quality is enhanced via finding and fixing defects fast and determining expectation mismatches early on.
- Allows change. While the team has to remain focuses on the delivery of an agreed-to-subset of the features of a product on each iteration, there’s a chance to refine and reprioritize the overall product backlog constantly. Changed or new backlog items could be planned for the next iteration, offering opportunity to introduce changes in a few weeks’ time.
Agile is definitely a powerful tool in web development, providing benefits to the development company and also provide several business benefits to the customer. Agile helps the team deal with numerous common project pitfalls in a more controlled way. Through organizing and re-envisioning activities involved in custom development, agile achieves the same objectives in a more business-focused and leaner way.
Ritesh Mehta is the Sales Director at TatvaSoft Australia, a Software & mobile app development company. For Over 15 years, he has been professionally active in financial management, software development.