Directory Image
This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

Five Frequently Asked Questions About Workplace Injuries

Author: Robert Smith
by Robert Smith
Posted: May 18, 2014
workers compensation

Whether you have only just suffered a workplace injury or have begun treatment with a worker’s compensation doctor, the process of making a worker’s compensation claim can be a little overwhelming. There are a great number of questions, you may be considering but here are the five most common frequently asked questions.

How do I pay my bills while on workers compensation?

This is usually the primary concern for the injured person. Regardless of how you have been injured at work, if you are unable to return to work, paying your bills may be your largest concern. However, if you are temporarily unable to work due to your injury, you may have an entitlement for workers compensation benefits. If your injury case has been filed and accepted by the company's insurance provider, you will be entitled to temporary disability benefit. These payments can vary but if your claim has been denied or delayed you may be able to collect state disability while the claim is in litigation.

My employer's workers compensation doctor says I am not injured, what can I do?

In most cases of workers compensation, the early stages of the claim will involve a consultation with an industrial medical practitioner. Many of these doctors are employed directly by the insurance company and will often side with their employer. Often your work injury lawyer will advise consulting with an independent workers compensation doctor to properly assess your injury and dispute the initial findings of the first doctor.

I have been given a list of doctors from the state, what should I do?

Workers compensation claims can often be a little overwhelming for those with little knowledge of the rules and regulations. Before choosing a doctor from the list, you should consult legal advice to be sure of the potential ramifications to proceeding. Once you have consulted with a doctor from the list, without legal advice you may find that the opinion of that doctor is binding. If you are unsure how to proceed, you should consult professional legal advice.

I have been told I have an injury but I cannot have disability money, why?

When the insurance company doctor assesses your condition, you may be told that your injury presents little or no real disability. This opinion can be disputed by consulting an independent workers compensation doctor. Generally, there is provision for three medical opinions on your injury to be presented as part of your claim. However, you should consult legal advice and obtain prior approval for a consultation with a specialist.

My injury has been denied compensation from the insurance company, what can I do?

If your workers compensation claim has been denied, this means that the insurance company will not pay out any benefits while the situation remains the same. This decision can be disputed but the situation can be complex involving additional consultations with a workplace compensation doctor and other claim details. In cases such as these, you should consult legal advice in order to successfully proceed to a fair settlement.

If you are interested in learning more or need advice from Colorado based local doctors, you can visit this website - Colorado Workers Compensation Doctor.

About the Author

I write on many diffrent topics. Follow me to read all great articles.

Rate this Article
Author: Robert Smith
Premium Member

Robert Smith

Member since: Mar 26, 2014
Published articles: 313

Related Articles