Must have Toolkits for PHP Website Development
Posted: Jul 31, 2019
PHP is very popular as a back-end and scripting language, mostly because of how effortlessly and quickly it can help the developers to create entire websites. Not only that, dynamic yet simple websites can be created without the need for extensive coding. PHP really has a lot to offer when it comes to web development. The fact is, it is so popular that as much as 80% of the websites use it. If you have made up your mind to learn PHP and be with the awesome community that supports it, you might want to learn about the essential tools you can use. In fact, most of the PHP development services use these.
PHP was created to simplify the entire process of website development. This is why any PHP web development company India would try to stick to the programming language, instead of trying out something else. PHP has been evolving over the years and is a mature programming language, thanks to the large community. The PHP developers can create custom websites and robust applications with the help of the lightweight and full-stack PHP frameworks like CodeIgniter, Laravel, Zend, CakePHP, Yii, Zend, and Slim. Not only that, there are a few web development tools that can be taken advantage of.
The following are some of the tools that a PHP web development company uses to extend the different web frameworks.
Eclipse is an IDE or Integrated Development Environment for PHP and a lot of other languages that have matured over the years. It is a development tool that is supported in the major OS including Linux, Windows, and MacOS. There are a plethora of tools that are offered by Eclipse that can help the PHP development services to make the development of large and complex PHP websites much simpler. Eclipse does support both non-GUI or GUI applications. Eclipse would allow the programmers to choose from different plugins. The users would use specific plugins for extension or customization of the IDE according to the requirements of the specific project.
- Eclipse is a platform that allows automatic error reporting, making it very convenient for the php development services
- The tool offers support for Git Flow, which offers excellent support for parallel development and collaboration.
- It is also known for multi-platform support, along with a variety of plugins.
- Eclipse also offers support for the GUI software and also those applications based on non-GUI.
- Eclipse IDE offers seamless integration of tools.
NetBeans was written in Java and originally released in 1996. It is at present, one of the best tools that the PHP developers can use. Though it is written in Java, a developer can use the platform for coding in different languages. Any PHP web development company India would prefer the platform as a lot of different PHP web frameworks are supported by it. Even the content management systems, like CakePHP, WordPress, Zend, and Symfony are some of the platforms that can be embedded here. There is a separate editor for source code and debugger. Continuous integration is supported by it. On top of that, the platform is free for the developers.
- One thing that makes NetBeans attractive is that being lightweight, it works much faster than most other platforms.
- The NetBeans IDE would help in automatic code generation for the getter and setter methods.
- It can support the different PHP frameworks like CakePHP, WordPress CMS or Zend.
- IDE supports Smart code compilation feature.
- NetBeans offers support for embedded applications.
PHPStorm is an IDE created by JetBrains. A lot of different PHP web frameworks can be used in this IDE. CMS frameworks like Joomla, Laravel, Magento, WordPress, Yii, and Zend are also supported by the IDE. The IDE also makes it easier for the PHP programmers and they can work with the different relational databases and popular web technologies. The developers would be able to accelerate the custom web development further through different features. These include a version control system, command line tools, Composer and REST client. All these features make PHPStorm very popular with the PHP development services
- Different PHP frameworks like Laravel, Drupal and WordPress are supported in PHPStorm.
- The IDE has a rich source code editor which can highlight syntaxes.
- The IDE is extremely fast and smooth, owing to its lightweight.
- PHPStorm offers wonderful support for integration with the version control systems.
- It is possible to perform live editing for all the front-end technologies in PHPStorm.
4. Sublime Text
Sublime Text is a tool that would definitely be up for discussion in any of the seminars or developer conferences. It is a cross-platform editor with Python API that was developed in January 2008. It is a robust text editor for serious developers and can be used for markup, code, and prose. Sublime Text has a custom UI toolkit in addition to being suitable for cross-platform. The users even have the advantage of jumping to a particular word, line or symbol with the help of keyboard shortcuts. It is possible to make edit more than a single line of code at the same time. Sublime Text has earned its position among the most customizable and flexible editors in the world.
- One of the most exciting features of Sublime Text is the excellent command palette it possesses.
- Sublime Text offers the facility where a file can be opened with the help of just a few keystrokes.
- Another amazing feature that can be seen in Sublime Text is the facility where it offers simultaneous editing.
- Sublime Text is compatible with a lot of different language grammars, which makes it very attractive to the developers of the PHP web development company.
- It allows quick navigation to the files and symbols.
5. Zend Studio
Most of the web developers would choose Zend Studio over the other development tools as. One of the main reasons for this is its optimal speed. Zend Studio would help the programmers to write and debug the code without the need for any extra time and effort. Zend Studio allows the debugging of code with the integration of Xdebug, Zend Debugger and X-ray. The studio would even allow the developers to deploy the PHP application on different web servers. The developers would even have the option to extend the Zend Studio through the Eclipse plugins. This makes Zend Studio one of the most favorites for a PHP web development company India
- Zend Studio offers the PHP development services with the facility of seamless integration with Zend Server.
- It offers faster validation for the different platforms.
- Zend Studio offers the required support for the CMS plugins like Joomla and WordPress.
- System Support for cloud services like AWS and Azure.
- It even offers support for the searching and indexing of the PHP code.
6. Code Lobster
Portable IDEs are something that can be pretty helpful to anyone, even a PHP web development company. This IDE supports the popular PHP frameworks and CMS platforms like Symfony, CodeIgniter, Laravel, Drupal, Joomla, CakePHP, and Magento. The programmers even find it easier to write the custom web applications in PHP through Code Lobster. This is because of the wonderful features like autocomplete, syntax highlighting, Debugger, code validator, and SQL manager. With the professional version, PHP developers can avail advanced features.
- CodeLobster offers to autocomplete facility.
- It supports Macro Recording.
- The plugins for WordPress, Joomla and Drupal are available.
- It even offers automatic checking of PHP syntax.
Most of the major firms offering PHP development services use these as the primary tools for development. These are some of the most amazing things to have while developing a dynamic and useful application.
My name is Hemendra Singh. I am Managing Director and Co-Founder of The NineHertz, a Mobile App Development Company. My ideology is that, a clear vision and hard work builds a great company.