Things You Need to Know About Septic Tank Pumping-Out
Posted: Apr 08, 2019
Septic tank plays an important role in treating wastewater from household and is a part of the septic system together with a drain field and soil absorption field. Septic systems are common in rural areas where proper sewage system is not available. Septic tank is located underground and receives a continuous supply of wastewater, and thus it needs regular cleaning and maintenance. Septic tank pump out service does this regular cleaning for long-lasting and effective working of the septic system.
When should a septic tank be pumped-out?
The frequency of septic tank cleaning depends on various factors such as the size of the tank, size of the household and the volume of waterwaste solid generated. On an average, a septic tank is pumped-out after every three years or if the tank fills completely. Regular pumping out is one of the preventive measures to avoid any kind of system breakdown.
How should a septic tank be pumped-out?
Regular pumping must be done by professional and certified septic tank pumped out service. The team of trained professionals inspects and examines the septic tank for solid wastes and water level. Once the tank is full, high-pressure suction pumps are used for pumping out the water after which the waste deposits are scraped off from the base and the walls of the tank. The waste removed from the tank is disposed of as per the regulations and note it down in the cleaning report. Regular cleaning of septic tanks is legally inspected with regulatory authorities and if it is not maintained as per the norms then owners are penalized for it.
Even when septic tank pumped out service is regularly done, there are certain precautions that may be taken to prevent before time pumping and cleaning requirement. This mat\y be done by preventing the following items from reaching the septic tank:
- Cooking grease and oils should not be put into sinks. This may cause blockage in septic tank pipes.
- Baby wipes, make-up wipes, paper towels, and sanitary pads must not be flushed in the toilet.
- Similarly, dental floss, diapers, cigarette, car litter, pharmaceuticals, chemicals like gasoline, pesticides, antifreeze and paint thinners should also be prevented from reaching the tank.
Benefits of septic tank pumping
- The cost of septic tank pumped-out service is much less than the cost of the repair that is required when an under-maintained system breaks down.
- It protects the system from clogging and blockage that may happen because of the continuous supply of waterwaste into the system.
- Undermined septic tank may cause leakage that in turn may cause bad odor.
- Regular pumping out prevents the roots of the trees, of the soil absorption field, from invading the tank.
- Regular pumping prevents underground leakage, caused by overflowing, that may contaminate the nearby natural water resources.
Even though regular pumping is advisable but a septic tank should not be pumped-out immediately after a tornado, heavy rain, hurricane, or whenever the water level of water table rises. This increases the risk of breaking up the pipes and the repair work become time-consuming and expensive.
Drane Ranger offers liquid waste management services including grit and lint trap cleaning, grease trap odor control, lift station and wet well cleaning, septic tank cleaning, wash bays for equipment, vacuum truck services, etc. in Houston, Manvel, Alvin, and Pearland. To more know, visit http://draneranger.com/services/.
I'm a freelance copywriter and I write on a variety of topics.