Understanding Traffic Violations and When You Need a Louisiana Traffic Ticket Attorney
Posted: Aug 13, 2019
Committing minor traffic violation is not totally an offense that requires a traffic violation attorney. If this is related to parking tickets then you can go with just a fine. However, some violations may need the assistance of a Louisiana traffic violation attorney so that you can clear your name and/or reduce the sentence.
More Serious Traffic Violations
There are many traffic violations that a traffic violation attorney can help you and these are the following cases:
- If you are driving your uninsured car you will have the violation known as "Driving uninsured". If this happens to be your first offense then you can expect a $90 to $500 fine which could include community services.
- If your driver’s license happens to be expired still you continued driving this is another violation that entails a fine of $250. Also if your license is suspended or revoked – fine is at $500 and six months of jail period for class D or E licenses.
- Over speeding or under speeding is another offense that will surely get a fine of $139 for every violation
- If you have unpaid tickets and you have not settled them, you will receive $139 fine per violation
- Reckless driving like changing lanes when there is a "no change lane" sign. That gets you 90 days in jail or a fine of $200.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol will get you $300 up to $1000 fine.
- Hit And Run Accidents – when there is no death or injury the case will be a misdemeanor and be fined with $500 or you can be imprisoned for 6 months and below. If the allegation of death and or serious injury is supported by facts then the offense becomes a felony with a fine of $5,000 and imprisonment of 10 years.
Habitual traffic offenses should be avoided too. You just need to understand the offenses you are committing and should take the responsibility to settle this at the earliest time.
Though violations differ from state to state, it is best to be always reminded of these things particularly members of the family who will be driving. It is also important if they can identify who is your Louisiana traffic ticket attorney and have his contact number in case of an emergency. Knowing this can help any member of the family exposed to these violations and exposed to this kind of situation. With the guidance of your traffic ticket attorney their violation will not get worse than it already is. Also since they have someone to guide them, your family member will understand his responsibilities and be cautious the next time. Learning through their mistakes is often the best way of educating them, hard as it may be.
I am a professional blogger, web content optimizer, and seo expert.