West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Posted: Oct 15, 2019
Incorporated as a borough in 1874, West Conshohocken lies at Montgomery County. With a minimal population that approximately counts to more than 1,300, West Conshohocken currently shares with its sister borough Conshohocken its strategic location along the Schuykill River. With quarrying and milling as its early industries in the late 1800s, this quaint community then eventually emerged into a commercial and business district along with its sister community. Now a lively place for commercial and residential purposes in Pennsylvania, West Conshohocken proves itself to be a wonderful place to live in and a destination worthy to explore.
- Norristown, the county seat of Montgomery, is only a mile away north from West Conshohocken.
- The land area that comprises the current community of West Conshohocken came from the equal portions from the respective townships of Upper Merion and Lower Merion in the late 1800s.
- With stone quarrying as one of the town’s earliest industries, a particular stone found in the area was called Merion Blue or Conshohocken.
- West Conshohocken possesses two significant health providers in town: the Mercy Suburban Hospital and the Montgomery Hospital, both located in the borough.
- Companies whose headquarters are found in West Conshohocken are Alpha Video, the Connelly Foundation, ASTM International, Collectable Records, and the Cheswold Lane Asset Management.
Things to Do
West Conshohocken, despite its minute size, is home to three public parks. Visitors will easily get at ease with the friendly ambience these parks exude. The MacKenzie Park on Church Street has picnic tables for family activities, playgrounds, and basketball courts for varied sports activities. The Elizabeth Street Park, meanwhile, is a serene place suited for intimate walks with its walking trails that ends on Cedar Avenue. Situated between the avenues of Merion and Cedar, St. Gert’s Park also has picnic tables, playgrounds, and walking trails for everyone. Book your West Conshohocken Hotels with Reservations.com.
Restaurants and Dining
West Conshohocken only has few dining places to offer but takes pride in its unique and interesting collective. Shula’s 347 Grill serves the most delectable beef cuts such as steaks and burger patties made from Black Angus beef. This place suited for casual dining also has a bar that serves different types of drinks and wines. It also has function rooms suited for varied meetings and banquets. Consistent in serving Mediterranean specialties in town is Savona. Tucked on Old Gulp Road, this place has been satisfying customers for more than twelve years now with their specialties such as their salt crusted branzino and shrimp and scallop borsette. Baggataway’s Tavern matches its peculiar name with its great American food paired with beer. For exquisitely inventive Italian dishes, Franzone’s Pizzeria Restaurant and Sports Bar on Main Avenue serves the best classic thin crust pizza in town.
Best Hotel Accommodations
The best place to spend the night when in West Conshohocken is at the Philadephia Marriott West. Considered to be the only accommodation in the town’s vicinity, this posh hotel along Crawford Avenue offers 286 guest rooms and amenities that include a bar and lounge, restaurant, swimming pool, and is perfectly located in the town’s downtown area. It has also been a preferred venue for various functions such as weddings and conferences.
Have a strong interest in researching cellos in West Palm Beach, FL. Spent childhood promoting corncob pipes in Edison, NJ. At the moment Im working as a blogger Instant Famous company and Im enjoying it.