Top Things to Do in Atlanta & Questions and Answers
Posted: Dec 12, 2019
Fun things to do in Atlanta this weekend – Book today to discover top-rated Atlanta attractions and must-do Atlanta tours at the lowest ticket prices.
- How do I get around in Atlanta?Traffic can be a bit of a nightmare in Atlanta, especially during rush hours and the quickest way to get around Atlanta is by MARTA, Atlanta's public transport system. MARTA covers pretty much all of the city and its suburbs via a network of bus and rail lines. You can also use the Atlanta Streetcar to travel around Downtown and Eastside. Cabs are another way to get around Atlanta though you might be better served by Uber and Lyft as Atlanta cabs aren’t that ubiquitous.
- What are the best places to visit in Atlanta?Atlanta offers someplace to go and something to do for everyone. The city boasts of historic sites, museums, lively nightlife scene and an extensive range of activities. The Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta Zoo, and Botanical Garden are must-visit places in Atlanta. Do take time out to visit Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site, World of Coca Cola, Oakland Cemetery, Jackson Street Bridge and Fox Theatre. For exciting things to do in Atlanta, take a Segway Tour of Midtown, Southern Food Tour, a ‘Gone with the Wind’ Tour or a Walking Dead Zombie Tour. An easy way to see the best of Atlanta is to buy an Atlanta CityPASS that will take you all the best attractions in Atlanta.
- Which are the best places to go shopping in Atlanta? Atlanta offers endless shopping options that are sure to gratify any shopaholics cravings. Whether it is keeping up with the latest fashion trends or going back to a vintage era Atlanta has it all. Buckhead with some of the city’s biggest malls that host high-end brands and Haute designer labels is the place to go for high-end fashion shopping. Head on to Decatur for boho-chic shopping and trendy boutiques. Little Five point is another place for funky, eclectic shopping options. Atlantic Station is where you need to go for budget shopping and bargains. Bennett Street District is where you can find some cool antiques and art. You could also book yourself on a luxury shopping tour or a shopping heaven tour of Atlanta.
- Is Atlanta safe for tourists?Atlanta is usually considered a safe city for tourists. Nonetheless, tourists should still take basic safety measures like not traveling alone at night and being aware of their surroundings and belongings. Also keep in mind that there are certain parts of the city that tourists will do well to avoid. These include areas southwest of the I-20 and I-85 interchange. These areas do not have many tourist attractions, and so there aren’t really any reasons for tourists to visit these areas.
- Which are the best places to stay in Atlanta?Downtown Atlanta would be the best place to stay for first-timers in Atlanta. It is the center of the city and home to the business district as well as most of the popular tourist hotspots. If you’d prefer something a little more laid back and for a lower price, Midtown is the right choice. For access to exciting nightlife try finding accommodation in or near Inman Park. Old Fourth Ward is one of the coolest areas to stay at and is popular with hipsters and yuppies.
- Which are the best places to eat in Atlanta?Atlanta has a pretty massive and happening food scene, and you will not run out options for dining while there. Atlanta boasts of some of the best Southern food in the country, and you cannot leave without trying it. The best places for Southern cuisine in Atlanta are Mary Mac’s, Serpas True Food, Buckhead Diner, Buttermilk Kitchen, Kitchen & Bar's, Old Vinings Inn and Lovies BBQ. For international flavors try Umi, Cape Dutch, Bread and Butterfly, La Grotta or Yalla. If contemporary cuisine is your thing try Staplehouse, Bacchanalia, Gunshow or Aria.
- When is the best time of year to visit Atlanta?If you are looking to enjoy some sunshine and outdoor activities May to August would be an ideal time to visit. However, Atlanta summers can be quite hot, so spring (April to May) and fall (September to November) are considered good times to visit Atlanta. The climate is much better during cooler temperatures, and room rates also tend to be lower.
Way is a leading online reservations leader, offering a fast and convenient way to book parking at airports, dining, activities, event and movie tickets.