Everything you need to know about Indian e tourist visa
Posted: Feb 13, 2020
India’s diverse culture, cheerful, welcoming people, calm and peaceful beaches, architectural beauty in historical buildings, piping-hot foods, snow-capped mountainous areas, soothing sounds of ringing bells in temples, comforting yoga retreat, discos filled with rocking music magic and regional festivals representing the beauty of a particular place with regional hues are more than enough to catch the eyeballs of tourists all over the world, which compels them to visit the country again and again. https://www.evisaindia.com
Taking the burning desire of foreigners into account, the government of India has made the application process to get an Indian Tourist Visa far simpler than before. You can apply for and get a tourist visa for India online, which is known as an Indian e-tourist visa. And, we have provided you in this article all the necessary information like Indian e-tourist visa rules, validity, eligibility criteria and so on.
Indian e-tourist visa:
An India e-tourist visa, also called eTV for India, is an online travel authorization issued to those foreigners who want to come to India for tourism purposes, sightseeing, casual visits to meet family, relatives or friends and religious purposes.
Indian e-tourist visa validity and categories:
To promote tourism in India, the Indian government has updated policies of the Indian e-tourist visa for all eligible countries. The validity of Indian e visa for tourism purposes are from 30-day to 5-year validity, and the visa holder can have two to multiple entries according to the validity period of the Indian e-tourist visa whose details are given below: https://www.e-visaindia.com
1. Indian e-tourist visa valid for 5 years
The India e-tourist visa is valid for 5 years/ 60 months from the date of issuance.
You can have multiple entries using this visa.
You can stay in Indian at a stretch for 90 days in one visit.
However, if you are a citizen of the USA, UK, Japan and Canada, then you can stay for 180 days at a stretch.
2. Indian e-tourist visa with 1 year or 12-month validity
The validity of the 1-year Indian e-tourist visa starts from the date of issuance.
You can have multiple entries using this visa.
3. Indian e-tourist visa with 1-month or 30-day validity
The validity of a one-month visa starts from the date of issuance.
Things to remember about India e-tourist visa with 30-day validity:
This visa is valid for 30 days from the date it is granted.
The visa holder can stay in India for 30 days and have double entries. This 30-day period starts from their first arrival in the country.
Let’s take an example to have everything clear:
If your visa is granted on 10 September 2019, then you can come to India before 9 October 2019 on any date. If you arrive in the country on 25 September 2019, then you can stay in India till 24 October 2019 on this 1-month e-tourist visa.
Eligible countries for an Indian e-tourist visa:
Citizens of over 165 countries can apply for an India e-tourist visa. We have given below the list of eligible countries, and if your country is ineligible, then you need to apply for a normal visa, which will take a little more time. The eligible countries for an Indian e-tourist visa or eTV in alphabetical order:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote D'Ivoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Niger Republic
- Niue Island
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Christopher And Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad And Tobago
- Turks And Caicos Isl
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City - Holy See
Indian e tourist visa rules and limits:
The following are the required documents for Indian e-tourist visa, and the limits you mustn’t cross while your stay in India:
- Having an Indian e-tourist visa can allow you to live in India for 90 days at a stretch. However, if you are a citizen of the USA, UK, Japan or Canada, then you can stay for 180 days at a stretch.
- This visa type is not extendable and convertible.
- You can apply for a maximum of two e-visas in a calendar year.
- You must have sufficient funds to keep yourself in India while you stay in the country.
- You must carry a copy of your approved e-tourist visa with yourself all the time during your stay and show it to officials when they ask for it.
- You need to have a return or onward ticket before you apply for your e-tourist visa.
- Every individual visiting India needs to have a passport, irrespective of their age.
- Parents can’t include their children in their online application for an Indian visa.
- You can’t use the e-tourist visa for India to visit protected/restricted or cantonment areas.
- Your passport must be valid for six months from the date of your arrival in India. And, the passport must have two blank pages so that immigration and border control authorities can place the entry and exit stamps.
- If you have International Travel Documents or a Diplomatic Passport, then you can’t apply for an e-tourist visa for India.
Other necessary documents required for Indian e-tourist visa:
Apart from the common documents mentioned above, you need to provide these documents for Indian e-tourist visa:
- A clear and coloured scanned copy of your passport in PDF, JPG or PNG format not more than 3MB in size.
- A recent coloured passport-sized photograph of yours whose size mustn’t’ be more than 3MB. The background should be white so that everything looks clear.
Indian e-tourist visa process:
The process of getting an e-tourist visa for India is very simple. You need to fill up the visa application form providing your details like your full name, date and place of birth, address, contact information, passport data and yellow fever vaccination card if coming from a yellow fever affected country.
After that, you need to answer some security questions and pay the e-tourist visa fee using a credit or debit card.
Here, we told you everything you need to know about Indian e-tourist visa so that you can prepare all the necessary documents when applying for the e-tourist visa for India. We also told you about eligible countries, tourist e-visa validity and category. And, you will have a clear idea of your limits and rules you need to follow in India during your stay after reading this whole blog.
If you have a burning desire to visit India and any doubt or query related to an e-tourist visa for India, then feel free to reach us without hesitation.
The author has worked with clients for her passion of article writing for over four years.