Export NSF Files to Outlook PST Format
Posted: Mar 09, 2020
However, IBM Lotus Notes s well as Microsoft Outlook are well-known email client. But nowadays it becomes common that many organizations and peoples over the world want to export NSF files to Outlook PST format. But getting an NSF file directly in Outlook is not possible. Let us go through the needs, and the method one has to follow to access their NSF emails in MS Outlook.
But, before transforming it is important to know the causes behind switching NSF to PST. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:-
What are the Reasons for lotus notes NSF to outlook pst migration?
- Lotus Notes cost is very much as compare to Outlook.
- In Outlook users can run various accounts concurrently.
- If users is from the non-technical background then it would be difficult to use Lotus Notes however in Outlook there is prior technical knowledge is required.
- Some time in one company users work on Lotus Notes and in other, they work on Outlook as an email client.
Manual Tricks to Export NSF Files to Outlook PST
This is free NSF to PST conversion method. And before using free solution always keep a backup copy of the original Lotus Notes because there are chances that the file can get damaged during the conversion process. The manual method to convert NSF files to Outlook PST files format can be done in two steps.
a) Export NSF files from the Lotus Notes to an intermediate CSV file.
b) Import the CSV file into MS Outlook.
To export NSF files from the Lotus Notes follow the given steps
- 1.Install Lotus Notes.
- Hit on File> Open> Lotus Notes application.
- Now in the open application window, start to browse for the required NSF file and tick on the Open button.
- Tick on export, on the File menu.
- Enter the information for the file name, file location, and saving type in export dialog box.
6. Now in the CSV export, dialog box choose the required option and click on OK to proceed the process.
To import the intermediate CSV file into MS Outlook follow the mentioned step
- Install MS Outlook program.
- Now in File menu, Hit Open & Export, and then click Import/Export.
- Import and Export Wizard dialogue box will pop up. Choose Import from another program or file from the options. Click Next.
- To separated Values as file type Choose Command Click Next.
- To choose the path for CSV file Click Browse. Choose the options as per your need.
- Choose the Outlook folder to store your exported data and click Next.
- In the given checkbox in Import a file dialogue box and click Finish. By clicking on the same name options You can also change your map custom or destination fields.
- Now the data from the "CSV file" would be imported to "MS Outlook."
DrawBacks faced during NSF to PST Conversion Manual process
The free NSF to PST conversion method is healthy in some situations, but it has many restrictions too. Some of them are:
- Complex and slow method for a novice user.
- Time-consuming and fails to migrate entire data.
- If the solution is done properly then there are chance of data loss.
- Particular conversion is not possible.
Using a Professional Solution for NSF to PST Conversion
Sysinfotools has a powerful NSF to PST conversion tool. This third-party tool saves NSF files (from IBM/Lotus Notes and Domino Server) in Outlook PST or Exchange Server directly. It has many advantages utility offers a free demo version. It has the option to save NSF file in various PST files. If offers Date Range filter option which helps users to perform the conversion for selective files. Provides full data security while the conversion process is going on and after the process gets to finish.
Above I have mentioned the best possible way to export NSF files to Outlook PST format. So, it is now up to you weather try the manual solution or expert solution whichever suits you try the one. Hope the article helps you out.
Priyanka arya is here to solve your issue and provide you all possible way.