What is off-page SEO and on-page SEO? Why does off-page SEO and on-page SEO matter?
Posted: Jun 24, 2020
What is the off-page SEO?
Off-page SEO also called Off-site SEO. Off-page SEO refers to actions taken outsides of your own website to increase the ranking of your website within the Search Engine Result page(SERPs). Off-page SEO is a part of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Off-page SEO simply tells Google what others think about your website. For example, if you’ve got a lot of valuable links pointing to your web pages, search engines will assume that content on your website is great – the type that provides value for users.
Otherwise, why would people waste time linking to your website?
Why OFF-PAGE SEO is important?Search Algorithms and ranking factors are continuously changing basically, off-page SEO depends on two factors i.e. link related and non-link related off-page SEO.
the general agreement within the SEO community is that the relevance, integrity, and authority that effective off-page SEO stands a website still play a crucial role to increase the rank of the website.
Links and off-page SEO
Creating backlinks is the root of off-page SEO. Search engines use backlinks as indications of the linked-to content's quality, so backlink is a link one website gets from another website, Backlinks make a huge impact on a website's performance in search engine results. This is why backlink is the main factor to improve the website's ranking.
There are three types of links:
- Natural links Natural link building is exactly what the name suggests i.e. backlinks that are created naturally without the website owner has to go and generate them either through guest posting, or other forms of link building practices. In simple words, natural links happen when other webmasters, bloggers or website owners link to your content (blogs, images, products, videos, etc) because they think it is useful for their readers and adds value to their websites or pages.
- Self-created links are created by practices such as adding a backlink in an online directory, forum, blog comment signature, or a press release with optimized anchor text. Some self-created link building tactics tend toward black hat SEO and are frowned upon by search engines, so tread lightly here.
- Manually built links are acquired through deliberate link-building activities. This includes things like getting customers to link to your website or asking influencers to share your content. Non-Link-Related Off-page SEO
- Social Media Marketing
- Guest Blogging
- Linked and Unlinked Brand mentions
- Influencer Marketing
While earning links from external websites is the most commonly exercised off-page SEO strategy, almost any activity that occurs outside of your website and helps to improve your search ranking position could be thought of as "off-page SEO." These include things like:
- Domain Name selection (Click here for more detail)
- Content of your website
- Meta tags
I am a Digital Marketing Expert. I write blogs on topics related to digital marketing to create awareness about the topics among more people. I have 3 years of experience in this field and I have my own digital marketing blog site.