- Views: 1
- Report Article
- Travel & Tourism
- Travel Tips
Feel the Bedouin Spirit on a Camel Ride in Dubai
Posted: Mar 04, 2023
Is there any other way to see the sunset camel trekking compared to riding through it on the back of a camel? There is no better way to experience the desert than feel it with the slow gait of the camel, and this holds true no matter where you go in the world: from the Saharan sand seas of Morocco to the Martian landscapes of Jordan's Wadi Rum and beyond.
Plan carefully your desert dinner Dubai
Look at the calendar carefully before planning your trip to Dubai. Camel herding is at its peak in North Africa and the Middle East from October through May. The weather will be hot, but not excessively so; once the summer months begin, many tour operators shut down their businesses and leave their camels out to pasture until the temperatures drop back to a more comfortable level.
- It's important to remember that deserts are harsh settings, especially in December and January, when you're planning an overnight hike because you'll need to pack for cold nights and hot days.
- You will need to pack in preparation for the actual hike. Protecting oneself from the sun is of the utmost importance, and wearing long pants can help prevent chafing and saddle sores. Once you get to the location, you will quickly realize this.
- Wear a hat with a broad brim, but if you want to blend in with the locals, you might also try wrapping yourself in a scarf to block the sun's rays and dust. Your guide will assist you with tying it up in a Lawrence of Arabia–inspired manner, which is fantastic for camel-back selfies until you come to terms with the fact that you will never look as cool as a Bedouin who was born to it.
- You are prepared to face your beast now that you have donned the appropriate garb. It seems like a simple matter of mounting that camel idly resting in the sand. There is typically something that resembles a stirrup, and you can easily swing yourself over the hump without exerting too much physical effort.
- But hang on tight because a camel has an odd three-fold when it stands up, as if its legs have an extra joint that needs to unfold before it can stand straight. As it rises, you are first tilted softly forward, then immediately pulled back, and just when you think you're done, you're flung forward once more. It's a difficult situation, which explains why camels always seem so irritated.
- It is important to understand that camels are independent animals; thus, it is a relief to know that novice riders are not just given the reins and told to head in the direction of the nearest dune. Instead, the guides will lead you down your selected path so that you may focus on the scenery, the gentle swaying of the camel's pace, and the almost imperceptible noises of those enormous cushioned feet on the ground.
The Desert camel trek duration can range from one hour to few hours; however, the most rewarding ones are those designed to end in time for you to witness the sun setting in a blaze over the sands.
You can end your camel ride journey and have an exclusive desert dining experience enjoying the desert sky, the delicious Arabian delicacies and some soothing Oud music. As the night progresses, the sky becomes darker, the stars emerge in their uncountable number, and the hazy, milky Milky Way spreads across the night sky, a fascinating way to end you desert trip.
When you are out in the desert, you can feel a thousand miles away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. However, when you hear the grunt of self-satisfaction that your camel makes when it settles into the sand, you might be inclined to grunt back in acknowledgement.
Desert quad biking with friends in Dubai is an excellent opportunity to experience an adventure, bond with your friends, and appreciate the natural beauty of the Arabian desert.