Easter in Italy: tips for renting villas in Italy
Posted: Mar 24, 2015
Easter 2015 is approaching, and many people are deciding the best way to spend those days; many will surely decide to spend those days at home, others will try a short stay, while many others will choose to spend a few days away from home, to relax and have fun out of the usual routine. So, why don’t you choose to rent one of the villas in Tuscany?
What are the best tips for renting a holiday villa in Tuscany?If you're planning to rent one of the beautiful villas in Tuscany for Easter, here are useful advices:
- Decide what your ideal environment is: so, you want a beautiful villa with swimming pool in Tuscany. Ok, are you looking for a villa in the countryside. Well, you want to reach the city center within a short walk too... no, you can not: the dream of a country villa in Tuscany is present in everyone's mind, but you should choose if it really is for you, or if you prefer a villa just outside one of the magnificent medieval towns dotted throughout Tuscany. Think about the location, then, and try to plan everything you will do for each day: just so you can be sure to find the villa that more suits your needs;
- If you interested in language courses, Italian cooking classes, wine tasting tours, checks if they are already included in the contract or ask to the villa owner (or tour operator renting the villa) if there are discounts and conventions to get such courses;
- Make sure someone is nearby to help you 24/7 if you are in need: the tour operator, the owner of the villa or his handyman. This is also a fundamental advice: if you can not be sure that you will have 24/7 support, change villa;
- Pay attention to possible additional costs: when you sign a lease of one of the villas in Tuscany for vacation, ask specifically to the owner (or to the tour operator) what services are included in the rental fee (such as water consumption, electricity, heating, gas, clearing of the property etc);
- Check out your lease to see if the house is covered by an insurance policy for fire, theft, damages, etc;
- If there are some points of the contract that you do not meet or are not clear, ask about it before signing;
- If you can, before you sign the lease monitor the condition of the furniture and of everything is in the villa, maybe drawing up an inventory to avoid any problems when leaving the house;
- Ask if the villa you are going to rent is purely a rental property or a private home inhabited by the owner for part of the year: rentals that are lived-in like that tend to be better, as everything is going to work better;
- Choose to rent the holiday villa in Tuscany for a period of at least one week, if you can; the rent for fewer days it is usually more expensive;
- Expect to pay a security deposit against potential damage; it will be returned a when checking out;
- A larger deposit will be necessary to hold the reservation; it will be returned when leaving or will be used to pay a part of the holiday.
These are small but valuable tips that will help you choose the best among the villas in Tuscany that suit your needs, to spend the Easter holidays 2015 in Italy as pleasant and serene as possible.
To rent the right accommodation, you can rely both on a private owner and on tour operator that deals with villas rental in Italy: with the first option you will save money, while the second solution is the right one if you search for more safeties (we are talking about contract, assistance and insurance) by spending a little more.