PL/SQL a new way for the arrangement of records in database
Posted: May 04, 2017
PL/SQL is a block structured language because it can have multiple blocks. SQL stands for Structured Query Language i.e. used to perform operations on the records stored in database like inserting data, updating data, deleting data, creating, modifying and dropping tables, views etc.What is PL/SQL?PL/SQL is a block structured language. The programs of PL/SQL are logical blocks that can contain any number of nested sub-blocks. PL/SQL stands for "Procedural Language extension of SQL" that is used in Oracle. It is integrated with Oracle database (since version 7).
The functionalities of PL/SQL usually extended after each release of Oracle database. Although PL/SQL is closely integrated with SQL language, yet it adds some programming constraints that are not available in SQL.Why Use PL/SQL?
An application that uses Oracle Database is worthless unless only correct and complete data is persisted. The time-honored way to ensure this is to expose the database only PL/SQL and Courses Provider in marathahali via an interface that hides the implementation details the tables and the SQL statements that operate on these.
This approach is generally called the thick database paradigm, because PL/SQL subprograms inside the database issue the SQL statements from code that implements the surrounding business logic; and because the data can be changed and viewed only through a PL/SQL interface.
The PL/SQL programming language was developed by Oracle Corporation in the late 1980s as procedural extension language for SQL and the Oracle relational database.
Following are certain facts about PL/SQL -
- PL/SQL is a completely portable, high-performance transaction-processing language.
- PL/SQL provides a built-in, interpreted and OS independent programming environment.
- PL/SQL can also directly be called from the command-line SQL*Plus interface.
- Direct call can also be made from external programming language calls to database.
- PL/SQL's general syntax is based on that of ADA and Pascal programming language.
- Apart from Oracle, PL/SQL is available in TimesTen in-memory database andIBM DB2.
PL/SQL has the following features?
- PL/SQL is tightly integrated with SQL.
- It offers extensive error checking.
- It offers numerous data types.
- It offers a variety of programming structures.
- It supports structured programming through functions and procedures.
- It supports object-oriented programming.
- It supports the development of web applications and server pages. PL SQL course in marathahali
A PL/SQL unit is any one of the following?
- PL/SQL block
- Package body
- Type body
PL/SQL is not case sensitive so we are free to use lower case letters or upper case letters except within string and character literals. A line of PL/SQL text contains groups of characters known as lexical units. It can be classified as follows:
A variable is a meaningful name which facilitates a programmer to store data temporarily during the execution of code. It helps you to manipulate data in PL/SQL programs. It is nothing except a name given to a storage area. PL/SQL Training in Bangalore training Institute
Each variable in the PL/SQL has a specific data type which defines the size and layout of the variable's memory.A variable should not exceed 30 characters. Its letter optionally followed by more letters, dollar signs, numerals, underscore etc.Advantages of PL/SQL
PL/SQL has the following advantages?
- SQL is the standard database language and PL/SQL is strongly integrated with SQL. PL/SQL supports both static and dynamic SQL. Static SQL supports DML operations and transaction control from PL/SQL block. In Dynamic SQL, SQL allows embedding DDL statements in PL/SQL blocks.
- PL/SQL allows sending an entire block of statements to the database at one time. This reduces network traffic and provides high performance for the applications. PL/SQL and Courses Provider in marathahali
- PL/SQL gives high productivity to programmers as it can query, transform, and update data in a database.
- PL/SQL saves time on design and debugging by strong features, such as exception handling, encapsulation, data hiding, and object-oriented data types.
- Applications written in PL/SQL are fully portable.
- PL/SQL provides high security level.
- PL/SQL provides access to predefined SQL packages.
- PL/SQL provides support for Object-Oriented Programming.
- PL/SQL provides support for developing Web Applications and Server Pages.
Author : Infocampus is one of the best training center for PL/SQL and Courses Provider in marathahali. It provides PL/SQL courses in lesser fees. Attend 3 days free demo classes. PL/SQL Training is provided by the more than 10 years experienced trainers with the complete practical session. Mock test and mock interviews are conducted every weekend for the preparation of learners.
To get the more information on PL/SQL course call at : 9738001024 or to know the syllabus enquire at : http://www.infocampus.co.in/oracle-sql-plsql-training-in-bangalore.html
A Real Time Software Training Institute 100% Guaranteed JOB Support Get Real Time Training from Industry Experts Book Free Demo Class