Best Ways To Free Up Hard Drive Space On Windows 10
Posted: Aug 17, 2019
Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows software by Microsoft and has been widely used across the globe. Besides its innumerable amazing features and qualities, it stops working properly due to more occupied storage space on the hard drive. Unnecessary large files and programs in storage often result in system crashes, corruption, and bad functionality. If you are facing the issue of not having enough free storage space on your Windows 10 system, here are some of the best and most effective ways to free up storage space on Windows 10.
By Removing Junk Files With Storage Sense
It is one of the best and first steps to free up storage space on your Windows 10 system or laptop. Junk files always corrupt other files and crash the system. If it’s the scenario, you can eliminate all the junk files by using storage sense on Windows 10. To do so:
- Open settings
- Click on System from the available options.
- Select Storage and navigate to the ‘Change how we free up space’ option.
- Click on the Run it Now option and you are good to go.
By Freeing Up Deleted Files In the Recycle Bin
It is amongst the most critical point that users ignore even when they face the low storage space issue on their Windows 10 system. Recycle Bin is the place where all the deleted files are present but they still occupy space on the system. It is always advisable to clear the deleted files in the Recycle Bin on your Windows 10 system. And to do so:
- Click on Start.
- Find Recycle Bin in the Windows search bar on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After opening the Recycle Bin, press Ctrl + A to select all the files.
- Right-click on the screen and click on delete.
- Confirm on Yes from the prompt and all files will be cleared from the Recycle Bin.
By Enabling Storage Sense
Storage Sense is a built-in feature on Windows 10 which amazingly manages the storage on your Windows system. The feature effectively prevents you from running out of storage space and to enable the feature to follow the steps listed below:
- Open Settings and choose System.
- Click on Storage and under the storage section.
- Click on ‘Change how we free up space automatically’.
- Click on the Run It Now option and the issue will be resolved.
Howdy, I’m Mia Davis. I’m a software engineer living in Manhattan, New York. I am a fan of technology, photography, and design. I’m also interested in music and blogging. You can visit my website mcafee.com/activate.
How to Take Screenshot of a Full Page on Google Chrome